Brembo Master Cylinder

Ozboy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey Team
I am running single Brembo set up on the front and want to replace my master cylinder with a quality set up. Anyone have real use recommendations? Just running 22mm bars.
Thanks

I have a dual disc set up on mine and am using a Brembo 17RCS master cylinder. Great piece, good modulation. They’re available in smaller piston sizes too. Maybe a 13mm? Only drawback is they are pricey.

hi Ozboy, as bosco said about 13mm should be right, I assume you’re using one of the four pot monster ones? Gowanloch ducati are a good online resource if you want a genuine brembo, I like the PS series for a look that fits in with a stockish XS, they are available with various sizes of reservoirs. and with or without a switch, I like the look of the smaller ones but they’re harder to bleed, you have keep one eye on the level cause once the fluid starts pumping through, the level drops quickly.

https://ducati-gowanloch.com/shop/brakes/brembo-ps13-brake-master-cylinder-switch/

With a single 4 pot Brembo caliper, a 13 mm master is perfect. That is exactly what I have on my XS, although with a single 320 mm custom made disc from ISR. I seriously doubt that any stock sized, dual disc setup comes even close to the stopping power of a single ISR disc :) I use green EBC pads, as recommended by ISR.

I don't want to hijack but artic, what offset are you running on the custom disc? I am using motolanna brackets for the 40mm 4 pot brembos, but I would like a disc that bolts on instead of spacing the disc away from the hub.

My disc is 5 mm thick, and has 23 mm offset. That leaves around 2 mm clearance between fork slider and floater buttons.

For comparison, a common Ducati disc has 10 mm offset. That is from outside friction surface to the inside face of carrier.

Last edited:
Back