Brit style exhaust

MAGNUM SRT8

Uninformed '73 owner
Reaction score
I have a stock '73 and purchased a complete new system from Mike's XS. I told him what I was doing and purchased everything he suggested. The only caveat was that the mufflers would interfere with the center stand requiring removal or some slight modification. When I went to hang it the problem is not the center stand but the muffler hitting the rear sprocket. I attempted manipulating the header using a spacer between the frame and the pipe hanger but that creates two different problems; the spcer bolt mounting the center stand is not long enough and the rear foot peg mount and the muffler are in the way of each other. I have seen these set ups installed before and Mike sells them as though they work. Maybe different header pipes are required but I wouldn't have a clue what to buy. Any sugestions or similar stories out there? Magnum

- set it up and take some photos from different angles...post them...lets have a look

I would be curious to see how this turns out as I would like to put Brit style P shooters on my 1978 Special.

Something must not be right. You say you bought a complete new system. So you got new headpipes too? Maybe you were sent the wrong ones? I agree that pictures would help.

Try these...

Attachments

• XSTriPipes.jpg
    XSTriPipes.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 196
Back