Broken valve

I must admit I didn't know about Bonneville Indian manufacturing. I believe they are bringing out a new range of lower capacity triumphs manufactured in India.
It's a little sad tbh. I was so happy when the first hinkley triumphs were produced.
I actually had one of the first generation triples for a while

Hi I'm looking for some more help/advice.
I'm about to sort out my front brake. It's the early twin piston caliper.
The master cylinder appears to be beyond saving. The caliper isn't much better.
I've read all the posts I can find about the smaller piston bore recommendations.
Most of the posts seem to be about the latter calipers.
I've worked out the piston surface area and checked the ratio chart. It seems that a 14mm bore master cylinder could be the the size I need. A Suzuki GT250 master cylinder seems look about right.
Has anyone any advice on the 14mm bore?
I've added a photo of the build at present.
Once again thanks for all the help so far.
IMG_20221130_135825538.jpg
IMG_20240307_140347417_HDR.jpg

As you've got the twin-piston single caliper, it might be fine with the 14mm master.
I have the twin disc Euro version, with single-piston calipers, and there was just slightly too much free play for me to be comfortable with a 14mm m/c, so I ended up with a 5/8" one.
The 14mm jobbie gave me a stonking set of brakes, but the lever came too far back before actuation - not confidence inspiring at all.

Hi I'm looking for some more help/advice.
I'm about to sort out my front brake. It's the early twin piston caliper.
The master cylinder appears to be beyond saving. The caliper isn't much better.
I've read all the posts I can find about the smaller piston bore recommendations.
Most of the posts seem to be about the latter calipers.
I've worked out the piston surface area and checked the ratio chart. It seems that a 14mm bore master cylinder could be the the size I need. A Suzuki GT250 master cylinder seems look about right.
Has anyone any advice on the 14mm bore?
I've added a photo of the build at present.
Once again thanks for all the help so far.
View attachment 264482View attachment 264489
I bought a 12.7mm master cylinder from Yambits, it's decent enough quality and a good price. I'm using the later single piston caliper. I'm pretty sure they also do a 14mm master cylinder. Like you, my original master cylinder was too corroded to use.

Although I don't have that early 2 piston caliper, I've read that a 14mm MC works well with it. That was the standard size on the later bikes so a later stock MC would do the trick. It's actually a bit too big for those later bikes, giving a rather "wooden" feel and not much modulation. I've changed both of mine out for slightly smaller ones. Many folks do this so finding a good, used later MC shouldn't be a problem. Both of mine were refurbed and working well but I changed them to get better feel and modulation.

Back