BS34 Float Help

The end (connector) is behind the plastic side cover, back by the battery. look behind or under the air filter. it's a three wire plug with the orange gray black.

But long as you're that far good time to check your brushes.:sneaky: If you haven't already.
PS everything looks neat and tidy in there. :thumbsup:

Thank You!

If you end up needing to remove the pick up coil, those "rivets" are actually threaded screws, you can slot the heads with a cut off disk in a dremel tool and turn them out.
The common but very fragile cut off wheels.
F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FsCFPwJ68C10%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

This kit is a bit pricy, but the wheels last forever because the mount is flexible enough to keep them from shattering.
ges-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F61DByimJeKL._SL1000_.jpg

I've had this set for several years and many uses, still on the first wheel (getting worn down) Previously I'd gone through (broke many) 100's of the ones above.

I've got a ton of the cheap ones. My Dremel bit the dust a few years ago though.

My 30 year old Dremel failed this year. I got tired of overpaying for the name and rolled the dice on a Chinese Wen rotary tool with case, attachments, and flex drive, from Amazon; the whole caboodle was cheap enough that I wouldn't have cried if it had turned out to be crap. It's good stuff, very well made.

My 30 year old Dremel failed this year. I got tired of overpaying for the name and rolled the dice on a Chinese Wen rotary tool with case, attachments, and flex drive, from Amazon; the whole caboodle was cheap enough that I wouldn't have cried if it had turned out to be crap. It's good stuff, very well made.
I've got several Wen tools now... the bench grinder being one of 'em. I'm actually impressed with the quality.

Yes it must be opened. Never hurts to a hit the connector with some sort of lube, rust buster is fine, before trying to open it, like most connectors, there's a tab needs to be pushed to release the two halves. Some wiggling often helps free stuck plastic and the metal prongs and sockets, easing pulling them apart.

Last edited:
Yes it must be opened. Never hurts to a hit the connector with some sort of lube, rust buster is fine, before trying to open it, like most connectors, there's a tab needs to be pushed to release the two halves. Some wiggling often helps free stuck plastic and the metal prongs and sockets, easing pulling them apart.

I have separated the connector. Thought you meant there was another wire to disconnect.

Back to BS34's
Recently seen on Niche, a favorite go to for carb brass.
1686827055480.png

No need to buy there, many hardware or electronics stores have them. Just a note on how popular needle shim washers are on non adjusutable needles these daze. Reminder only one washer on a needle.

Yes, I'm not sure those washers would fit our needles. According to a needle spec chart I've put together, the 650 needles are all 3mm in diameter in the clip area .....

XS650CarbNeedleSpecs.jpg

I use this 3mm washer for shimming. It's I.D. is slightly larger than 3mm (3.2mm) and it fits nicely .....

CarbShimWashers.jpg

They were quite cheap several years back when I got my bag of 100 from McMaster-Carr (less than a dollar) but I see they've gone up. Still cheap from Bolt Depot though (less than $2) .....

CarbShimWashers2.jpg

Back