Wanted - BS38 Diaphragm Spring Needed

Oldschool

XS650 Member
Reaction score
It seems that I have inadvertently "lost" one of my springs. I have committed enough time and energy to the use of profanity, so now I just need to get back on track. Can anyone tell me where I may find one (or even two) of these for purchase? I have tried all of the sites that I know to try, without any luck. I even thought that McMasters or such might have something close enough, but I don't believe that to be the case after doing some looking. Thanks for any help that you might be able to provide.

It doesn't matter, but I did purchase an array of new parts years ago as I was thinking of doing this revival much sooner than this. But, of course, this spring was not in that box of parts. After all, how could one need to replace one of these?

Roy

JBM Industries makes nice replacements, but they are not cheap. Also, you should change your header from “for sale” to a “wanted” add.

Might have a little better luck if you change the header to WANTED.

Title Closeout.png

Forgot, after site update it doesn't say "Thread Tools" anymore.
Use this button....

Change header.png

JBM Industries makes nice replacements, but they are not cheap. Also, you should change your header from “for sale” to a “wanted” add.
Thanks, Willis. I have managed to change my title. And I have been in the JBM website looking around, but the search has not been fruitful to this point. I am stubborn, however, so I expect to overcome this hurdle.

Roy

The 256-14933-00-00 springs are readily available on Ebay. Those are for the earlier -38's.
I'd be willin' to wager a steak dinner they would work just fine as long as they were a matched set.
Fyi, the ones for your '76 are #584-14933-00-00

The 256-14933-00-00 springs are readily available on Ebay. Those are for the earlier -38's.
I'd be willin' to wager a steak dinner they would work just fine as long as they were a matched set.
Fyi, the ones for your '76 are #584-14933-00-00

Thank, Jim. I did order from Ebay. I am not averse to buying a steak dinner for the assistance; I just need to be in the vicinity. I do make it to KC periodically as I worked there for many years and only moved when I retired.

Roy

Send me a PM next time you're headed down this way Roy. I'll "spring" for the BBQ. :D

See what I did there.......
:laugh2:

Back