If you could buy that full kit for about $224 USD, instead of the $671 USD, then it might have some value to it. Its nothing more than a fancied up fuse panel.

RG - the $671 you are using as a price is a package deal by Revival Cycle (not the manufacturer) for a pair of control buttons (beautiful inputs btw) on the handlebars, munit & wire kit.

It's priced at $299 By Revival for just the Unit itself - sans package bundle.

Manufacturer's Site:
https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-unit-digit-tastersteuerung-u-sicherung.html

It's cool man, we get you don't see the value in it. To each their own.

If you could buy that full kit for about $224 USD, instead of the $671 USD, then it might have some value to it. Its nothing more than a fancied up fuse panel.
With all due respect, sir, where are you getting the $671 price tag from? Can you post the link to the website you are referring to? I'm curious. That seems way to high. I will admit, if the M-unit carried a price tag that high, I would have kept looking too.

EDIT:
Oops. Didn't see the post above.

There I fixed it up for you
As you said earlier everyone has a opinion , I fell yours is incorrect
Thank you for your opinion, that my opinion is incorrect, which is just an opinion that I currently have, until someone else comes along and gives us their opinion. Oh my .........................this is getting confusing IMHO:bike:

I leave my post for a few days an pandamonium breaks loose! I guess I should put my 2 cents in, After reading all these post, the M unit and Button is so much less yet so much more than I thought. My understanding was that I removed all the wiring on the bike and replaced it with the M unit, so that regulators and rectifiers, safety relays and the like. Turns out, no, it doesn't do that. However, that M button in the headlight looks fantastic, I have to smoosh my wires in to seal it! One signal cable to the M unit and it's all sorted, yes please! The price is up there for something I have already sorted, but I would love the space like the bloke with the beautiful cafe! My thoughts are it's perfect for builders, wirings a bitch and you have pay people to do it/your own time, so in the end this is a bettter ROI.

If I was going to use it, I would want to do a complete install. M-unit, M-Button, the handlebar buttons etc. and the "led dashboard". I wonder how fast the cost creeps up toward $1K.

For the time being I'm happy with my drastically simplified factory harness and led dashboard made from $5 Amazon LED's.

The M-Unit and button combo is one of the best purchases I've made. Yeah its expensive but you get what you pay for. The build quality is excellent. It's made in Germany. It's extremely flexible, and as stated has some nice entirely user programable features (auto indicator shutoff, brake pulse, alarm, button number config, LED status indicators, wireless key fob expansion). The main advantage for me is being able to run less wire from the fuse box to the bars. Great if you want a super clean look & can't easily hide thick looms under the tank. Calling it a fancied up fuse box is a bit like saying a Race Tech emulator suspension setup is just some fancied up springs. Its not really a fair statement. Going to the OP question. No i don't think joe average could build one very easily. Would i put one on a simple resto mod or an old XS beater that runs ok? Prob not. Would i recommend one if someone is building a custom ground up project? Yes. I got mine while i was in europe direct from motogadget.

Last edited:
Yeah................the M gadget thing is a lot of marketing hype designed to separate bikers from their money. Lets say you had 2 identical XS650s, one with the M gadget thing and one with traditional regular wiring/regular switches. Start them up, send them on a 100 km trip, and then back to original spot and shut them down. Now what did you see happen between the 2 bikes......................absolutely nothing.
The M gadget thing drives down the road on a trip, no different than any other bike. The high tech electronics has no functional improvement to a bike. Just my opinion.

Yeah................the M gadget thing is a lot of marketing hype designed to separate bikers from their money. Lets say you had 2 identical XS650s, one with the M gadget thing and one with traditional regular wiring/regular switches. Start them up, send them on a 100 km trip, and then back to original spot and shut them down. Now what did you see happen between the 2 bikes......................absolutely nothing.
The M gadget thing drives down the road on a trip, no different than any other bike. The high tech electronics has no functional improvement to a bike. Just my opinion.
So yet again you Reply to a User that has Used and installed the product and had good things to say with more Opinion based on Nothing , you have never used or installed the product but want to bang on about how terribly over priced it is..
Yet I Shouldn't Be surprised 95% of you posts on here are you Sprouting your unsubstantiated Opinions,

Thank you edda, for your opinion that my opinions are not factual. Wow, you must be a fast reader, to get through the 6403 posts. Interesting that you found 320 posts to have some merit, IMHO.:bike:

So, I'm assuming the brand new $400 before shipping M-Unit Blue with bluetooth is out of the question? :)

So, I'm assuming the brand new $400 before shipping M-Unit Blue with bluetooth is out of the question? :)
No Fob or keys just walk up to bike with your phone in your pocket and kick and go and would save the coin on the m lock so it's actually cheaper :)
Well I'm sold ,
Must be a fool and his money thing I guess

Uh.......Yes, I guess you know what I'm going to say. I just read through all of their marketing BS on a couple of web sites. It certainly has a big list of useless features:
  • Encrypted connection via Bluetooth® LE (Low Energy) for manipulation protection and lower smartphone and m.unit blue energy usage.
  • Keyless Go (the on-board electrical system is switched on when you approach the motorbike with your smartphone).
  • Alarm events are sent via Bluetooth® to the App (with date, time, vehicle on the floor etc.).
  • Alarm system mode and sensitivity can be adjusted.
  • The on board voltage can be monitored in the App.
  • Diagnostics on all inputs and outputs; current, voltage and device temperature measurement.
  • Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset.
  • Outputs can be switched manually via smartphone (except for starter).
  • Firmware updates provided anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
  • Setup menu can be configured anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
  • Speedometer input for comparing the vehicle mileage with m.ride can be used for vehicle management with automatic alerts for maintenance tasks, the condition of the tires, chain, brake pads, oil, operating fluids, spark plugs etc.
  • Logbook for recording journeys and displaying the vehicle status, alarm events and maintenance tasks.
  • Parking position display and Ping! for help locating the vehicle.
  • LIN bus connection for connecting to compatible motogadget products at a later date.
All I can say is all the geeks with I-phones and Android smart phones, are going to be ecstatic. I suspect this product is going to sell really fast, so you better get your $342 USD or $460 CAD ready before the supply runs short.
Be the first in your biker group to have "Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset".
Just think about riding along on your bike, reading your text messages while doing 100 km/hr, and then switching to the motogadget app and monitoring for any faults on your electrical system. Can life get any better than that!:bike:

Uh.......Yes, I guess you know what I'm going to say. I just read through all of their marketing BS on a couple of web sites. It certainly has a big list of useless features:
  • Encrypted connection via Bluetooth® LE (Low Energy) for manipulation protection and lower smartphone and m.unit blue energy usage.
  • Keyless Go (the on-board electrical system is switched on when you approach the motorbike with your smartphone).
  • Alarm events are sent via Bluetooth® to the App (with date, time, vehicle on the floor etc.).
  • Alarm system mode and sensitivity can be adjusted.
  • The on board voltage can be monitored in the App.
  • Diagnostics on all inputs and outputs; current, voltage and device temperature measurement.
  • Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset.
  • Outputs can be switched manually via smartphone (except for starter).
  • Firmware updates provided anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
  • Setup menu can be configured anywhere via smartphone and App without removal.
  • Speedometer input for comparing the vehicle mileage with m.ride can be used for vehicle management with automatic alerts for maintenance tasks, the condition of the tires, chain, brake pads, oil, operating fluids, spark plugs etc.
  • Logbook for recording journeys and displaying the vehicle status, alarm events and maintenance tasks.
  • Parking position display and Ping! for help locating the vehicle.
  • LIN bus connection for connecting to compatible motogadget products at a later date.
All I can say is all the geeks with I-phones and Android smart phones, are going to be ecstatic. I suspect this product is going to sell really fast, so you better get your $342 USD or $460 CAD ready before the supply runs short.
Be the first in your biker group to have "Real-time audio fault messages issued via the helmet headset".
Just think about riding along on your bike, reading your text messages while doing 100 km/hr, and then switching to the motogadget app and monitoring for any faults on your electrical system. Can life get any better than that!:bike:
What's it going to take to get you into one of these M-units today? Did I mention that it is the size of a deck of cards? :laugh: For an extra $100, you can add warp drive. That's a handy feature.

What's it going to take to get you into one of these M-units today? Did I mention that it is the size of a deck of cards? :laugh: For an extra $100, you can add warp drive. That's a handy feature.
I'm pretty sure this will just be the tip of the iceberg for this line of products knowing motogadget ,
Bluetooth head light bucket connections so just power running to the front
Blue tooth connection to their speedos , so just power and speedo wires required all other connection sent via blue tooth,
The list is endless
Suitable for a daily ride replacement proberbly not
For a no compromise custom build where only the best will do ,, yep fits there

First of all, the M-unit is not 900USD. That's ridiculous. I have one on my XS and I didn't pay any where NEAR that amount. I guess I also "wasted" a bunch of money on my House of Kolor paint, too. I was going for a clean, simple look on this project. If that is what you are trying to accomplish, using the m-unit is the only way to go. It packs all the regular functions of the original bike and adds TONS MORE, rivaling modern bikes, while replacing all the relays (excluding the started relay), blinker units and fuses in a package the size of a pack of cards. Opinions saying it is a waste of money are just that.......opinions. It's not complicated nor does it add any complexity to the electrical system. It simplifies the f*** out of it, as a fatter of fact. I researched many options for miniaturizing the electrical system and this was really the only option. You program it once and then you forget about it. I didn't use the M-button, I wired the hand switches conventionally. I also shelled out the extra $$$ for the M-lock. I now have a key-less bike. All I have is a key fob about the size of a quarter that I wave in front of the transponder I have under the tail and it toggles the ignition on and off. Motogadget also sells a tiny "key" smaller than the size of a medicine capsule that you can sew into your glove or jacket sleeve so you don't even have to carry the key fob around. It allows you to program up to 3 separate "keys". It uses RFID technology and has no batteries to replace. It always makes people scratch their heads when I wave the key fob over the tail and the bike turns off. It's all pretty trick if you like that kind of stuff, and I do. A lot of the folks poo pooing the m-unit are speaking out from lack of experience with this product. My personal opinion is that it is worth every damn penny. I wanted a clean, simple look on my bike and I achieved that, with the perk of having modern, reliable, solid-state technology controlling my bike. Can you see any wiring on it? It has all the required equipment a street legal bike needs and you can't see any of it.
View attachment 96602
The space where all the original electronics is now nekid. All that got replaced by the M-unit and now resides under the seat. Motogadget's products are top notch. Does that come with a price tag? Of course. It's German made.......Germans make good stuff. They made the Sham-wow, LOL. It's just all in if you can justify it. As far as trying to replicate the M-unit, I would say no. It's pretty sophisticated. Why try to reinvent the wheel and they perfected it.

So, this is MY opinion, take it for what it's worth.

I wasn't aware of the M-lock. Going to get that now, thanks.

Beautiful bike BTW. Very clean.

I'm putting an M-Lock into my build at the moment. The "key" you sew into the tip of your glove is pretty neat. I'll keep a fob in the jacket as backup "in case" whatever may happen. Pic for size reference.

IMG_4390.JPG

Back