Buzzy's revival: '82 Heritage Special

Maybe get them yo change the pushrod bushing while they’re in there.
Yeah, if it bent bad enough to damage the seal, changing the bushing would be very prudent. Since the owner owns 3 XS', he's probably aware of that. Wouldn't hurt to point it out though.

Buzzy is back on the road better than ever (at least since I have been riding him).

Front brakes are flushed and work wonderful. Back brakes were cleaned and adjusted and actually stop the bike now.

New roller bearing in the head make turning worthwhile now.

Shifting is far easier with the new shaft and clutch adjustments.

Oil change (10W 40 4T synthetic) and new filter seem to make engine sound smoother.

And the new tire on the back seems to roll like new (I'm just excited...)
20220324a.jpg

Buzzy is back on the road better than ever (at least since I have been riding him).

Front brakes are flushed and work wonderful. Back brakes were cleaned and adjusted and actually stop the bike now.

Oil change (10W 40 4T synthetic) and new filter seem to make engine sound smoother.

View attachment 210282
Congrats!!!

That's great Boog and makes your job a whole lot easier. Because your job now is to keep Buzzy up to the mark and running well by keeping on top of all those maintenance issues. There's plenty of guidance around here on how to but the great part of having the bike returned with everything tip-top is you now have a yardstick.

Your excitement is tangible.

FWIW my suggestion is spend some quality time with Buzzy every week or whenever best suits your routine. Wipe or wash or lubricate or adjust every part from stem to stern. Or even from stern to stem. Look and make note. Check the brake pads, check . . . sorry, I'm sure you get the picture. That way your delight at how good the bike feels now can develop into a truly rewarding relationship that lasts.

View attachment 210282
My platoon SGT use to say "Private, you need to take half a step closer to your razor":D

Back