Buzzy's revival: '82 Heritage Special

you need SOMETHING to look for voltage a lightbulb and wire, or a;
1656531792714.png

Where is the main fuse? I checked the 4 under the seat and they are good.

Your wiring harness is a newer model than mine, I only had a single fuse in both of my bikes. I believe yours has a fuse block, with the four fuses you mentioned. Only one of which is a 20 amp fuse. That should be your main fuse. So you checked them and they are good. I would still suspect a problem with your side stand switch.

Edit: oops, I didn’t see Gary already covered that. 😉

Your wiring harness is a newer model than mine, I only had a single fuse in both of my bikes. I believe yours has a fuse block, with the four fuses you mentioned. Only one of which is a 20 amp fuse. That should be your main fuse. So you checked them and they are good. I would still suspect a problem with your side stand switch.

Edit: oops, I didn’t see Gary already covered that. 😉
More things to check - battery has a good level of charge? Also, battery earth is good? The only time Miss November let me down in public - the earth wire was loose at the battery terminal. Doh!

What’s with the strap on the tank?
Well, you see, what had happened was, I just filled the tank with fuel. And evidently, the gasket for the cap is no longer gasketing correctly and some of said fuel was escaping. That strap is holding paper towels in place to absorb as much of the run-off as possible so as not to leak onto the wooden floor of the truck. I need a new gasket thanks to this mishap, I didn't know before...

Bad fuse holders are common, they can look good but not pass electricity.
You win. The fuse bus was loose. It was as simple as that.

It has been awhile since Buzzy went off line and much has happened in life, but Buzzy is back in service as a daily rider now.

I eventually took him to a local shop and went over all the troubleshooting me and a buddy have done. They found the issue within 30 minutes.

Thanks for your help guys!
20231205_165856.jpg

You win. The fuse bus was loose. It was as simple as that.

It has been awhile since Buzzy went off line and much has happened in life, but Buzzy is back in service as a daily rider now.

I eventually took him to a local shop and went over all the troubleshooting me and a buddy have done. They found the issue within 30 minutes.

Thanks for your help guys!View attachment 256919
Nice one Boog, good to have you back Firing on two cylinder!

Back