Walters_Gallery

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I've been trying research a front end (preferably HD for the variety of wheels and brakes) to retrofit onto my 79 triple.

The attachment below is from a guy out of Indonesia that has a 79 triple as well and his build is exactly what I had in my head. I was just to hurr durr to spit it out on paper, but when I seen it I was like boom that's the move.

But if anyone could help identify or maybe give me some guidance on maybe slapping a secondhand vintage Harley -2 Springer on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_233708_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_233708_Gallery.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20230129_003535_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_003535_Instagram.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I've been trying research a front end (preferably HD for the variety of wheels and brakes) to retrofit onto my 79 triple.

The attachment below is from a guy out of Indonesia that has a 79 triple as well and his build is exactly what I had in my head. I was just to hurr durr to spit it out on paper, but when I seen it I was like boom that's the move.

But if anyone could help identify or maybe give me some guidance on maybe slapping a secondhand vintage Harley -2 Springer on it.
Looks like Wide Glide, FXWG in Hogspeak.....

Looks like Wide Glide, FXWG in Hogspeak.....
I don't think wide glide as the tubes look too close for that. Could be Sportster, any chance of diameter of upper tubes? I could measure my 1988 out in the garage.

Front brakes we don't need no front brakes! Or front fender, hope it don't rain!

I don't think wide glide as the tubes look too close for that. Could be Sportster, any chance of diameter of upper tubes? I could measure my 1988 out in the garage.

Front brakes we don't need no front brakes! Or front fender, hope it don't rain!
Hey so this isn't my photo, comes from @Change_duckracer on IG. He's got the exact set up for is 79 triple that I had in mind.

Still trying to figure out if it's a Sportster or not.

I should think that if the Sportster can be adapted to the XS650, the XS750 isn't going to be any more complicated. I have a friend who years ago bought a wrecked Hinckley Triumph Bonneville. He fitted it with a Sportster front end.

Last edited:

I should think that if the Sportster can be adapted to the XS650, the XS750 isn't going to be any more complicated. I have a friend who years ago bought a wrecked Hinckley Triumph Bonneville. He fitted it with a Sportster front end.
Well I guess the only major catch would be the OD of the upper tube of the Harley front end, assuming one was going to use the triple trees of the Yamaha.

Now if one wanted to use those off a Sportster it might mean some machine work to fit steering head bearings.

Back