Can you help a brother out ?

Scripto VU

Dukes Speed and Custom
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am not certain I want to post this but here we are................. all good friends etc, Right ??

This weekend I an going to endure a painful procedure ( for me at least)

The procedure requires me to fortify my spine and make sure both testicles on their game..

I have to give "Great" father of the bride speech at my daughters wedding. The wedding is outside with lots of guests, suppose to be mid 60's .

Please send any extra good karma my way.

Brevity is the soul of wit - we shall see !

thanks,
Dana

Hey Dana:

I have done that twice (one more to go) and yup, it isn't easy "giving away" a little girl, but it is the way of the world. The key thing is not interchange the word "wedding" and the word "marriage".

A wedding takes place on one day and it consumes about 30-60 minutes.

A marriage will last a lifetime (hopefully) and will be successful regardless of whether the flowers arrive on time, the caterers muff the serving of dinner or the DJ is an @sshole who won't turn down the volume to allow for conversation.

You'll do OK - and just remember that you job in this event is to:
1) show up
2) stand up
3) speak up
4) shut up
5) pay up

...and you wife has an even easier job:
1) shut up
2) wear beige

Lots of good fun!

Pete

You've raised your daughter from the start to the present . You've endured all these years of "Phases", friends and boyfriends, and you've done your best. This is just another event. Relax. Enjoy. You got this.

Good morning !!

Thank you for channeling your good thoughts my way. My Father of the Bride Speech was a success ( I was told )

Time for me to shift my mind into into "chill" for a few weeks. Finally I can get back to my motorcycle fetish. These things do have
magical powers and are inhabited by a special spirit that almost always make you smile and keep drawing you back.

Wow , thanks again I was truly moved by your encouragement,

Dana

Back