Carbs

maximusrising

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
1983 Heritage Special - bone stock.
Started up all right, seemed good enough to finally ride. Went a couple miles, nice long 60 mph straightaway, slowed to the stop sign...stalled and wouldn't start. Had to get picked up and trailer it home. I actually thought about just getting a different bike.
Then I came to my senses.
Would anybody clean my carbs? Hourly rate, I'll pay all the shipping and pay for all parts. I get dripping gas all the time.
So anyway after the latest breakdown, the next evening, it started right up. I didn't go anywhere because of course I don't trust it.
So floats and though it doesn't matter much the chokes stick if fully engaged. Gotta push 'em just back from fully choked then the springs take over. Maybe there's a jet problem, I don't know. All I do know is I can practically take them off blindfolded. That's messed up.

Anybody wants in on this, please let me know. I'm over my head.

Thanks-
John

There are plenty here that would help you through the process of working on your carbs...........And you will probably have learn to over time.

Here is a guy who has a good rep and good price to rebuild..........Oldskoolcarbs................. He last posted in April and was on here in July.......He has a facebook page, but i don't so can't help there
http://www.xs650.com/threads/carburetor-rebuilding-oldskoolcarbs.5882/page-12

Rick at Oldskoolcarbs does great work. He’s done two sets for me and they look amazing.

I was going to ask you if those '75 carbs from your other thread were done by him. If so, I just can't believe he would put those ratty old jets back in there, lol. Worn out old parts don't work any better just because they're clean.

Back