Carburetor Rebuilding - Oldskoolcarbs

Raymond

likes to play with old motorbikes
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Rick, I dropped you an email regarding a rebuild of a pair of BS38's. Did you get it OK?
Need any other info?
Mark.
I'll be interested to hear to hear how that goes and if it's cost-effective to have carbs rebuilt internationally?

magoo66

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
No one able to rebuild a carb in UK?? It’s not that complicated.
Ricks work is not only spot on for the rebuild but the appearance factor after when he gets through is show quality.I believe that is a big draw to him here and abroad IMO.

Niels B

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ricks work is not only spot on for the rebuild but the appearance factor after when he gets through is show quality.I believe that is a big draw to him here and abroad IMO.
I’ve seen some of his work and yes agree it’s spotless - just a long way to send a set of carbs for refurb :)

Huszarail

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of Ricks moms passing. Understandably in such circumstances work takes a back seat.
My bike was a barn find, only fit to be a parts bike to be honest. But I saw it as a challenge and it's turning out better than I expected and deserved it to be.
Yes I made inquiries in the UK but answers were not that enthusiastic and I kept coming back to the images of Ricks work...
I used to race a 1966 front engined dragster previously and shipping parts, mags, pumps, injectors etc. for repair or service across the Atlantic was not unusual especially if you wanted the best work. I've even hand carried magnetos to California for service before. Nice to watch the faces of the airport x-ray security there!
So I'll wait on an answer from Rick. A long way. Yes, but I won't be making the trip this time.

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Why not buy a set in the US, (probably cheaper than postage from the UK to the US), get them sent to Rick to do and send them on to the UK