Carburetors Mikuni ????

Jan_P

Tool Owner
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone recognize these
On the Car Boot sale a set of Carburetors was more or less thrown after me so I took it home
Seller did not know where from or What bike -- Which they look to be ( bike )

Opening towards engine side 33. 8 mm measured with the caliper And they appears to be for a bit larger bike
Physically about the same size as for XS 650 perhaps slightly larger

I am thinking 70 ies and remember seeing the plastic black tip on the Choke lever sometime But cant remember on what bike Kawasaki 900 ??
Honda ???
Everything seems to be there and nothing damaged what I can see -- very dirty dusty rather than oily feel free come with Thoughts and Ideas

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg
IMAG0219.jpg
IMAG0222.jpg

Last edited:
One carburetor slide is not moving the one closest to the where the wire enters
Trying with oil - Hot air gun -- and Carburetor cleaner
Trying to wedge at lower end with an old toothbrush handle ( read it online softer on the metal ) formed to a wedge with a knife
Trying to make the oil sit in the top and leak down .. No hurry it can take its time
Instead of using force damaging things
I have thinner i can try.

Winning bid:
GBP 420.00
Approximately 5,722.19 SEK
[ 10 bids ]

Shipping:
GBP 53.28 Expedited Shipping to Sweden

Coming out Nicely
One slide was stuck and stuck hard
The one with open top Second from Right
Cant find any damage otherwise Not taking it apart for now I am afraid making more damage than good.

Lots of Oil / Carb Cleaner /hot air Gun ../ A cut off handle from a Toothbrush Wedging it open an then tap down again from the top.
More chemicals Keeping on over 2 days

At the end I found a Recipe on line 9 parts Diesel and one part Thinner that I used cannot say if it helped.

I dont think they have seen many miles Some polishing outside and service inside . Then I cannot at this point in time see any reason why these wont Be Fine
Bordering to Perfect

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Back