CB750 wheel on an XS650. Anyone done it?

darynar1016

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a CB750 spoke and drum wheel that is in great condition. I would like to use it on the 650 chopper I am making but I was curious as to a few things.

Anyone have any experiences with it?

Sprocket specialities can make me a 33t rear sprocket for $80.

My problems arise when I realize that to make my front and rear sprockets line up I would have to first work out the spacer issues, not a huge problem.
But then my rear wheel would be off centered. I measure 2.25 in. from the right side of my frame to the rim and 3.25 in. from the left side of my frame to the rim.

I know I have to have the chain/sprockets aligned but what are my options for lining up the rim into center of the frame?

I have a friend who said that I could loosen and re-tighten my spokes to make up for a little bit of the difference but would that really help? And is there anyway I can make sure it lines up so that I can even find a way to use this rear wheel with my 650?

This is my first build and have scoured the forums looking for answers but couldn't find much, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Daryn

What it looks like with it all the way to the right with the string straight and sprockets lined up.

IMG_9359.jpg

When the wheel is more centered.

IMG_1221-1.jpg

Back