Cb750k0 - any interest?

WideAWAKE

Single Fins and Twin Cylinders
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Got a K0 that was dropped into my lap for next to nothing and it needs to be back on the road.

Anyone have any interest in following along?? I know it’s not an XS but hey, pretty cool nonetheless.

The goal is get it back to stock, and ride it!

Absolutely. I'm in.
thumbsup.gif

Well this will definitely be a bit of a slow mover but here is the general goal…

As I said, bike was dirt cheap. It’s fairly clean as it sits but covered in incorrect parts. The first year bikes (69-70) had a lot of 1 year parts and there were even early to late 69 parts and same with 70 although they were still the first production year.

I’ve never owned one before so it’ll be a big learning experience.

I have a late 70 bike which is pretty much a traditional bike to the 71 k1, so it does have some transition pieces. (Mainly fenders)

Came to me with a fried harness and I was told it ran…

Rigged a new harness, and battery - kicked it over and BAM - started right up and sounded good. So my plan is to pull the motor and strip the frame - paint - rebuild the bike back to stock (candy blue green) with all the correct parts.

As for the motor, I’m gonna pull it, polish the shiny parts, shoot the cases with factory color paint and retorque the head - put it back in the bike and ride. It’s got pretty low miles and has been well kept. I figure I’ll do a complete cosmetic restoration and ride it to determine if the motor needs to come apart. If it does, I’ll pull it and rebuild.

And here is what I’m starting with…
94175170-EE4C-43F0-82B7-6B7AE3DD0576.jpeg
888F131D-E657-4A5C-B3D2-314B02217353.jpeg
32F8EC9A-43E5-4D32-B20A-B3043831CB5E.jpeg
8EFA5F96-0B52-45C9-A2D8-706017B08F86.jpeg
05450B21-BF41-4F5C-BE01-7FE36726F88C.jpeg

The original and correct exhaust and gauges are probably worth close to twice if not 3 times what I paid for the bike so at least I’m on the up and up.

Incorrect parts…
Tank, side panels, fork ears, carbs, rear shocks, seat - just to name some obvious ones.

I’ll post some more as I make a bit of progress.

Got a K0 that was dropped into my lap for next to nothing and it needs to be back on the road.

Anyone have any interest in following along?? I know it’s not an XS but hey, pretty cool nonetheless.

The goal is get it back to stock, and ride it!

Very nice..........Lucky Bast**d.

Is that the sandcast engine??...........

WOW!! Waaaayyyy cleaner than I figured it to be for a "cheap" bike. You have a prime example to start with there. Congrats.

It is clean, but it’s still all gotta come apart. Get cleaned some more , polished, plated or painted and go back together.

I would like it to be a clean example when I’m finished, but not like some I see that are WAY nicer than anything you’d ever see roll off the factory floor.

What the early 70K0's/71K1's prices being asked for over here
https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/honda/cb750/

Skull - they have definitely increased in value and the thing about the prices that get me most is that reproduction parts don’t seem to kill the value of a bike because the Japanese have such high quality and exact parts. Now obviously an original bike will always be of more value, but with a restoration, bikes with repop parts still seem to hold their own in terms of value.

Last edited:
Its the first model Sandcast engine that fetch the big big bucks..................Yours being a 70K model is why i asked if it had the sandcast engine.

Back