Ceiling fan stoped working. Pic included.

joebgd

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
My fan and light just stoped working. There is power down to the clip. Does anyone have any ideas?
I took a pic of the only other thing than the switches. Does anyone know if this is the problem? Is there a way to find out?
The fan is wired in so that the only switches we use are the pull switches, one for light one for fan.

Attachments

• 20210610_132644.jpg
    20210610_132644.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 99
My fan and light just stoped working. There is power down to the clip. Does anyone have any ideas?
I took a pic of the only other thing than the switches. Does anyone know if this is the problem? Is there a way to find out?
The fan is wired in so that the only switches we use are the pull switches, one for light one for fan.
Edit: see next post

Last edited:
Edit, upon closer inspection (not my phone) that is your motor capacitor not a remote relay. You need it.

Bad motor relay will not keep the light in a ceiling fan from coming on. Sounds like you have power issue.

There are descriptions of how to test it
How do I check a fan capacitor CBB61

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/how-do-i-check-a-fan-capacitor-cbb61.29076/

Short across the capacitor leads to discharge it completely. When the short is removed, it should take approximately 3 seconds to get within 4/5 of the supply voltage. If it's a lot less than 3 seconds, the cap is open. If it never comes up near the supply voltage, it may have excessive leakage current.21 Oct 2009

Back