1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Ceiling fan stoped working. Pic included.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joebgd, Jun 10, 2021.

1. joebgd

joebgd XS650 Junkie

NY
    My fan and light just stoped working. There is power down to the clip. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I took a pic of the only other thing than the switches. Does anyone know if this is the problem? Is there a way to find out?
    The fan is wired in so that the only switches we use are the pull switches, one for light one for fan.

Attached Files:

2. RustiePyles

RustiePyles Semper Fortis XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Edit: see next post

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    gggGary likes this.
  3. RustiePyles

Edit, upon closer inspection (not my phone) that is your motor capacitor not a remote relay. You need it.

4. RustiePyles

Bad motor relay will not keep the light in a ceiling fan from coming on. Sounds like you have power issue.

5. Jan_P

Jan_P XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Sweden
    There are descriptions of how to test it
    How do I check a fan capacitor CBB61

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/how-do-i-check-a-fan-capacitor-cbb61.29076/

Short across the capacitor leads to discharge it completely. When the short is removed, it should take approximately 3 seconds to get within 4/5 of the supply voltage. If it's a lot less than 3 seconds, the cap is open. If it never comes up near the supply voltage, it may have excessive leakage current.21 Oct 2009