Central Texas Shop

daryldelano

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
My friend who passed away had a 1978 XS650 After he passed I couldn’t let the bike just be sold to anyone so I bought it. It runs but has some kind of idle issue. I work a lot and don’t have time to start a new project when I already have a few others I’ve fallen behind on. I am located in Temple, Texas. It’s between Waco and Austin. Can anyone here recommend a shop close to me that I can take the bike to and have it gone through?

Welcome daryldelano,

Cant help with the garage advice, sorry i live in Aus.

Post up some pics and tell us a bit about the problem. May be as simpe as the turn of a screw, (probably not), but we are interested in what you have and any back story. And just maybe it is a simple as a turn of that screw.

I was going to upload a video but the link area only has url type info to enter. I’ll look at the group info and see what I am doing wrong.

Videos through UTube is a definite. Have to post to utube then link it to the thread............. Maybe Vimo i don't know about that.............Not a video guy so cant really help

814E943D-6B02-42EF-8687-EDF4D15674EC.jpeg

When it's idling, spray some starter fluid or maybe even WD40 on the boots between the carbs and the head. If the idle changes in any way, you have a vacuum leak. That's where I'd start.

Nice bike................ Could be your idle circuit is partially blocked. his would require carb work..........

Didn't realise your post is in the regional forums. may get more of response from those in your area if you post a thread in the Garage itself.

Back