"Chinese water torture"?

kshansen

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
This morning it's finally figuring out something that was keeping me awake in the middle of the night!

I have to sleep or at least try to sleep with a Bi pap machine. Once in awhile, especially in humid weather, it will get condensation in the hose that causes a dripping/clicking like sound. I was thinking that's what I was hearing at 2 am last night and could not get it to stop even with machine shut off. Actually got up and spent some time in another room.

Came back to bedroom and did not hear the noise and did manage to get some sleep without the machine. Then this morning at 5:30 am woke up again and the noise was back. Wife also got up and just by chance asked if I had any idea what made the dripping sound with awning window open on bedroom, she had heard it before.

Now that everyone was awake and I could wander around the house I was able to figure out the noise was coming from outside. So I grabbed a flashlight and rain coat as it was raining and went out to see what I could find. Took a bit of time walking around the end of house and the barn/storage building near the bedroom end of house.

Well finally was able to trace it down to a scrap piece of landscape cloth that was laying on top of a cement block just under the eve of the barn/storage building. It was laying across one of the holes in the cement block and acting like a small drum and each time a drop of rain off the roof hit it it made the taping sound. No rain or harder rain and it would not be heard, but just a nice light misty rain was the key to it being annoying as hell!

I sleep with a BiPAP machine. After finding the right mask, it helped a lot to get used to using the thing. One time after washing the hose and mask, I didn't get it dry and yeah, the condensed water added to the water that was there to begin with and it sounded like a water pipe/hukka after a while. Sometimes when the foam filter wasn't installed just right and fell out. I could hear a click, click of a flapper valve. After a long while you can't sleep without it.

I sleep with a BiPAP machine. After finding the right mask, it helped a lot to get used to using the thing. One time after washing the hose and mask, I didn't get it dry and yeah, the condensed water added to the water that was there to begin with and it sounded like a water pipe/hukka after a while. Sometimes when the foam filter wasn't installed just right and fell out. I could hear a click, click of a flapper valve. After a long while you can't sleep without it.
Well not sure what is considered "a long while" but have been dealing with this for 3 years.

Back