Chopper Axle Plates (Hardtail Axle Plates)

Price
$34.95

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Chopper Axle Plates (Hardtail Axle Plates)
axle_plates_cs_c20.jpg

Hey everyone! I'm now selling axle plates! Get your axle plates for your chopper / hardtail project from me and help support the site. The axle plates are laser cut from 3/8" mild steel.

The axle plates come in three styles A, B, and C.
axleplatestyles.jpg

The fender/sissy-bar mounting tabs can be used with 5/16" bolts, drilled or tapped to 3/8" or 10mm, or cut off.

All three styles are available in 17mm, 20mm, 3/4" and 1". XS650s have 20mm rear axles.

Weld-on spacers plates are available to work with your original XS650 axle adjusters. The spacer plates are laser cut from 3/16" mild steel and once welded to the 3/8" axle plate will make the axle plates 9/16" wide around the axle slots.

Style A 20mm
axle_plates_cs_a20.jpg

Style B 20mm
axle_plates_cs_b20.jpg

Style C 20mm
axle_plates_cs_c20.jpg

Style A, Spacer Plate
axle_plates_cs_a20_spacers.jpg

Style B, Spacer Plate
axle_plates_cs_b20_spacers.jpg

Style C, Spacer Plate
axle_plates_cs_c20_spacers.jpg

The next two pictures show a comparison of the stock XS650 axle plate (later style) and the spacer plate I'm offering.
xs650axleplate.jpg

xs650axleplate-spacerplate.jpg

The price for a pair of axle plates is $34.95 plus $8.65 for shipping.

If you also want spacer plates, the cost is $46.40 plus $8.65 for shipping.

Shipping prices are for the United States only.

Email me at sales@chopsource.com with any questions.
To place an order head over to http://www.chopsource.com/axle-plates.html

Thanks everyone!! :bike:

http://www.chopsource.com

Update 2/13/24:
Updated prices

Last edited:
I'll be ordering a few sets of these! I'd rather support this place and Travis than any other...

PS, when you have the next batch cut, you should add a small notch for the adjuster screw to seat in...

Sounds great! Let me know what you need.

I thought about adding the notch but decided against it on the basis that not everyone will use the stock adjusters, and if they did, it would be easy to add a notch with a grinder/cutoff wheel. On the other hand, if there is a high demand for plates with notches, I'll make some that way.

Axle Plates showed up this weekend. NICE stuff, not just laser cut out of mild steel and left with all the scale on it, these are super clean and very nice... Thanks man!

Hugh! You're welcome. Glad you like them!

Gary! I need to get on that.. I'll work on that right now.

Very nice work Travis. Once the cafe build comes off the lift, a bobber build will be going on!!

Hugh, when are you going to make that frame to sel to Us...LOL Diggin it!!!!

If any of you guys are wondering if the Axle spacer plates that Travis makes works on a TC Bros hardtail, wonder no longer. They fit almost perfectly! Travis's slot is only 1/16 inch longer than TC's and all of that will be covered up by the adjusters anyway. Great product, great idea!

LOOKS MUCH BETTER THAN WASHERS!
full

full

PhatTony, that is awesome! :thumbsup:

bradical, $11.45 plus $3.88 for shipping to the lower 48.

*Updated pricing on 2/13/24

Last edited:
TurboBully, Sorry I somehow missed your question. I'll try get some pictures up later.

Back