chout

I remember seeing pictures of him---one of my father's hero's. My Pop used to be an Indian guy---his mantra was "Harley Davidson, made of tin; Ride it out, push it in'.

Then he got a Harley and would say, "Want some grief, get an Indian Chief; Want some more, get an Indian Four!"

Apparently a Chout was the hot ticket in those days. 80" of screaming sidevalve in a lightweight (well, sorta lightweight) frame......and meanwhile, over in England, Joe Craig was developing the World Beater Manx....and Bessie Stringfield, an African-American woman, circumnavigated the United States on her Harley!

What a great time to be a rider!

Barb

-
My Pop used to be an Indian guy---his mantra was "Harley Davidson, made of tin; Ride it out, push it in'.

Then he got a Harley and would say, "Want some grief, get an Indian Chief; Want some more, get an Indian Four!"

- "Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion — and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion... while truth again reverts to a new minority."

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)​

That's what I always say.......at parties.......after a couple of cocktails, when I'm absolutely sure I know what I mean.....:thumbsup:

(Giggling behind my hand...)

Barb

Back