Corona thank you

Cafe Murdock

Murdock
Reaction score
I no its bad tk say but with this all going on every where i finally got time off to do my stroke and 706 kit . Started the prep work on it all today now all thats left is everything.

Attachments

• 20200323_195526.jpg
    20200323_195526.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 20200323_195532.jpg
    20200323_195532.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 20200323_195544.jpg
    20200323_195544.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 228
I no its bad tk say but with this all going on every where i finally got time off to do my stroke and 706 kit . Started the prep work on it all today now all thats left is everything.
I See you have the BFH nearby although it's wood still a BFH

No its a old school mallet from the 20s its actually leather rolled ul n put on a handle

my father had a big mallet with a hollow copper head that had rolled up leather pressed in to both sides, not sure what it was originally designed for but was great for drifting things without marking them.

Weld body panels fabricate lead seams and even shape metal and do body work to its a super old school way of doing things and a awesome bear bones minimalist rugged and manly set of skills to have . Thats how my daddy did all that kinda stuff an thats how he tought me . Then i went to school to be a machinist and welder. So i appreciate the old hard way of doing things and sumtime its the best way to .i still use alotbof old tools obviously and old technology and skills .

If ur wanti g a longer stroke u use the stock or rephased cranke ur choice but then ise longer conecting rods for longer stroke
Maybe I'm not fully awake this morning but wouldn't the longer stroke need shorter con rods?

Stroke is controlled by distance from the centerline of the crank to the center of the pins for the con rods. Longer rods with a standard crank would cause the pistons to move up higher in the cylinder on the compression stroke and not go as far down the cylinder on the intake or power stroke.

Hope someone can correct me if I'm not thinking straight this morning!

Back