1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gggGary, Feb 28, 2020.

1. xjwmx

xjwmx It's just the unknown. Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    ^They're coming out pretty quick and eager with the booster recommendations all of a sudden. It seems like they need to figure out how long immunity lasts first.... A dose every year for every person in the world is a cash pig beyond comprehension. No doubt courtesy of the same marketing department that is trying to cut J & J and Astrazeneca off at the legs.

2. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory in place of facts...........

jetmechmarty, kshansen and Jim like this.
  3. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

You'll have to point out these recommendations for us... I haven't seen any.
    You mean like this?

The Biden administration’s Covid response chief science officer, David Kessler, said Americans should expect to receive booster shots to protect against coronavirus variants. Kessler told U.S. lawmakers that currently authorized vaccines are highly protective but noted new variants could “challenge” the effectiveness of the shots. “We don’t know everything at this moment,” he told the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.
    “We are studying the durability of the antibody response,” he said. “It seems strong but there is some waning of that and no doubt the variants challenge ... they make these vaccines work harder. So I think for planning purposes, planning purposes only, I think we should expect that we may have to boost.”

You mean like the flu shot? Somewhere back in this mess of a thread, you were telling me the billionaires were entitled to their money and I should quit whining about it... or words to that effect. You change your mind on that?
    Yeah.... there's a conspiracy behind every tree. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    buzzword and 650Skull like this.
  4. 650Skull

Along the lines of, happy with them not paying there share of tax as they create jobs, even if those jobs don't pay a fair wage.......... In relation to a statement i made about Jeff Bozo.

Jim likes this.
  5. Grimly

Grimly XS650 Addict Top Contributor

Ireland
    I haven't read such utter mince for at least a week.

Mikey, buzzword and Jim like this.
  6. 650Skull

This is also in relation to mutations of Covid-19.

7. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty Project collector XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

:) Does this mean I can continue working at home?

Jim and gggGary like this.
  8. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Last week Pfizer issues a release saying boosters every 6 - 12 mos. will probably be needed. It's already become an accepted thing, while how long vaccine immunity lasts is a complete and total unknown. If that not only doesn't arouse suspicion, but makes you think suspicion is a conspiracy theory, you're a babe in the woods, and aggressively so! Throw in the coincidence of two competitors off the market for mathematically unreasonable reasons. Maybe you don't know how business works. It works exactly that way...

gggGary likes this.
  9. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    As far as we know, there are no mutations that get around the current vaccine. If that were not so, then of course

10. gggGary

gggGary On the road of life I'm a speed bump. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Don't follow the science, follow the money.
    Sounds reasonable typical to me.

Mikey likes this.
  11. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

zz.gif

Mikey, buzzword and Boog like this.
  12. Jim

13. gggGary

gggGary On the road of life I'm a speed bump. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Jim I'm confused, are you saying Pfizer (and others ) are NOT saying boosters are being touted as the new normal?
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/topic/coronavirus-coverage
    https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/covid-vaccine-boosters-will-likely-be-necessary-wh-expert/
    Are you thinking this will NOT be a huge business opportunity that will make the companies huge returns?
    What about the J&J pause, what are the risk numbers taking vs not getting a vaccine? And it's not the pause that's the biggie, it's the stain on it's reputation. Haven't dove deep but apparently it may be better for some women? to use a different vaccine, or more importantly for the medical community to change how they treat J&J and AstraZeneca induced thrombocytopenia.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...ne-could-explain-risk-extremely-rare-n1263939
    Risk from J&J
    Out of more than 7 million Johnson & Johnson shots administered, six patients developed the clots. How many will get seriously ill or die if they DON"T get a vaccine?
    It appears the standard of treatment for the condition is Heparin, which may be what killed at least several of the victims.

Risk from the same symptoms from taking Heparin " warfarin, rat poison;
    common blood thinner called heparin — meant to reduce clots — can trigger a clotting condition called heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. (Thrombocytopenia means low platelet levels.) The reaction is rare, occurring in up to 5 percent of patients who receive the drug.
    Where are the news talkers getting their info? Most places I looked seemed to be regurgitating Pfizer's PR release.

This thread is about sharing viewpoints held on the Covid pandemic. Ad hominem attacks are not constructive.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Mikey likes this.
  14. Jim

Nope. Was pointing out to xj that there's no "sudden recommendations." First, there's nothing sudden about it, it's been talked about since before the vaccines were actually released... by all the vaccine manufacturers and scientific experts.... it's been suggested since at least last summer. Was also pointing out there's no recommendations as yet. There's educated guesses by the experts, but no actual recommendations... so xj gets a fail on both points.
    Nope. Never said that either. Pharma is big business. This'll be right up their ally. There's gazillions to be made. What I said was there's no big conspiracy to make huge dollars from a booster. As I said before, we've known this for the better part of a year. xj gets another fail for trying to make out the boosters are a big get rich conspiracy.
    Never said I agreed or disagreed. Frankly, that's above my pay grade. Are you suggesting, as xj did that some companies are conspiring with the experts who made these decisions to hurt the reputation of certain companies? People in the CDC are in on a conspiracy to hurt J&J? I'll offer my theory on conspiracies.... "In order for 3 people to keep a secret, two of 'em have to be dead."
    A bit late for that ain't it Gary? Somewhere back in this mess, xj questioned whether the flag in my front yard was American. To the best of my knowledge, that comment's still there.

Mikey, madmax-im, gggGary and 2 others like this.
  15. gggGary

Didn't realize you use XJ as your moral compass.....

Mikey and GLJ like this.
  16. Jim

If his morals aren't good enough to use as my compass, why am I the one being called out?

Mikey and gggGary like this.
  17. Vww18

Vww18 XS650 Enthusiast

You're right Grimly and I apologize, i read his statement again and there is no request for thank you but for memory.

“I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the Covid-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t president, you wouldn‘t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all. I hope everyone remembers!”

So I do remember.

18. gggGary

You aren't being called out, rather xj is for making statements that may be out there or that don't toe the party line. There are large numbers of people that DO NOT think this Junta is looking out for their best interests. They may not be correct but damn it I'll fight for their right to live their lives as they see fit and even dare to express their opinions.
    I'll try to skirt politics but the vaccine rollout timeline may very well have been (much?) longer under different leadership, certainly many howled at moving at the speed the vaccines were rolled out, and delaying tactics were used. No doubt many paid with their lives. On the other hand it's possible a strong coercive government could have stopped the spread. Seemingly that worked in the apparent country of origin, which I am not allowed to mention. We can hope the UK, South African, Brazil and California variants are suppressed by the wide acceptance of the current vaccines.
    Even as the US and other developed countries place holds on some vaccines other parts of the world have yet to recieve ANY vaccine or VERY limited amounts.
    Boogs reports a strong antibody presence a year after having the disease. The science seems to be saying SOME people do not develop an effective antibody response in reaction to the disease OR the vaccines. This seems to be presented as a reason boosters will be needed But I'm not seeing the connection? The possibility variants will emerge that are not covered by current vaccines is also mentioned but that also seems unsettled so far.
    Well I've got a busy day planned, later.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  19. Jim

So, "eye rolls" and tin foil hats are calling someone out and constitute ad hominem attacks. Got it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Mikey, buzzword, Vww18 and 1 other person like this.
  20. gggGary

Perhaps someone was illustrating how easy it is to get another's goat in internet discussions?
    I threw that one at you just before retiring last night, then almost got up to change it a few times.............
    Guess I'll go mellow out my "tude" on some more willow rounds.
    20210417_100642.jpg 20210416_134112.jpg 20210416_172700.jpg
    Two truck loads left here yesterday about 4 to go.

Boog, Mikey, Vww18 and 1 other person like this.