Correct pilot jet?

Noidea

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
gotmy 73tx running been riding around no oil leaks after I replaced the gaskets again and I had some leakage from the pcv but I blocked one side off and routed a hose out the other as well as put the new proper amount of oil in so it’s not over full. Using that tsb. The only problem I have is. The idle Ian wher eits supposed to be with the choke on itll idle high and stay there when I turn it off itll stay on than die out. Almost the same as my original problem. I’ve cleaned the circuit as well and all the jets and adjusted my float height to proper spec of 25mm both carbs. Idle screw turned out to spec of what’s in thecarb guide as well as my jets are all spec size. Running everything stock. My question is are these the proper pilot jets? If they aren’t I can see how I’m getting the problem I am. The pictures I see are slightly different all the time some having just 1 hole some having 2. So I’m not sure these are also the stock numbers of 42.5 which led me to beleive they’re the right one just trying to solve my idle problem

Attachments

• 5C60D8AB-ADF3-44BD-B52D-426558740C83.jpeg
    5C60D8AB-ADF3-44BD-B52D-426558740C83.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 6999AD5A-31B6-410F-9043-07CB07D3C877.jpeg
    6999AD5A-31B6-410F-9043-07CB07D3C877.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 101
Those appear to be the correct style of pilot jet but to be sure, look in the ends and determine the location of the metering orifice. If your carbs are the original '73 set, they will use the BS30/96 type pilot jet with the metering orifice at the bottom .....

tZMTLGH.png

Uoaj1xt.jpg

Yep it’s the same just wanted to be sure. Not sure why else my idle isn’t janky. Gonna try to clean it out again. Should I perhaps raise my float level to 26 stop the richness? I’m running everything stock so don’t know what the problem is.

You see the photo has 2 holes on the bs30/96 jet mine has 2 on 1 side that 1 on the other side it switches every 90 degrees is that ok?

I'm not sure about the number of side holes. Missing some would let less air in and possibly run richer. Are the jets original Mikunis or aftermarket? If aftermarket, I would get some real Mikuni ones, then you would be sure they're correct.

Back