Cracked Frame

A bit of Christmas spirit
Here People help out each other when it Comes to bikes and enthusiast bikes
Some of the older blokes can be a bit reserved but over all helpful.
I once was at a Summer Cafe at the seaside .. And there was one kicking a Harley Davidson at the parking spot
Nothing .
Since I don't know the brand believing a fuse was open
But could not find it .But there was other bikes parked there .. Harley Davidson
And a some 500 meters away there was another bar with coffee tables.I told the the Kicking Man
I drive down talk the others .
Found some people there 5 - 8 that Got up from the coffee table .
OK we go have a look.

I hang out mostly with the ones that have older bikes .. Top Notch people ... again not everyone can be candidate for Diplomatic Nominations in all Countries
But overall not difficult to get along with
There is a club that I am not a member of that have a yearly rally
" Motorcycle Historical Club "

I don't know much about South Africa But I would be surprised given the Climate and History if not there is the same type club there
And within that club there are People who knows where to get Parts / Manufacture parts / Weld / Rewind electrics everything
Many here have Industrial connections. Might even take on your frame as a side order at the Job.
If there is such a club it can be a way forward contact them

Here is some information regarding the rear of the case that is a weak point and can crack. Shows a fix that was done on the crank case and strengthened.
https://old.xs650.org.au/Club Racer Stuff/club racer report 2019/club_racer_report_2019.htm

Early cases around the rear mount
Resized_20170501_200644.jpeg

Later cases around the same area after Yamaha realized the bracing wasn't strong enough
Resized_20170501_200857.jpeg

Last edited:
Reviving an old thread, I was stripping mine down yesterday to change a couple of bits on it and found my frame cracked, I was wondering why it was pulling all over the place on the start line,
I looked at the later frame and its got a steel plate welde to the inside around the pivot point of the swing arm, I'll be making some plates up to weld in place when it's welded up,
20231007_170220.jpg
20231007_174545.jpg

Back