Custom Fab'ed Bracket For a Different Brembo Caliper

T3chnic4l

T3chnic4l
Reaction score
Hey, I fabricated this bracket today to hold a different Brembo Brake caliper, I got it for a good deal and I thought I would put in a little time to fabricate a bracket to hold it. You don't need to create any spacers for the disc, just bolt it to the wheel. The bracket holds the caliper in the right place and it works wonderfully. Glad to share more details or measurements, or tracings etc... with anyone interested.

P.S. Check out my build log album to see my progress, cool detail shots, and other interesting photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 491
  • CaliperBracketFork.jpg
    CaliperBracketFork.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 389
  • CaliperBracket.jpg
    CaliperBracket.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 359
  • BracketRuler.jpg
    BracketRuler.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 386
  • RulerBracketID.jpg
    RulerBracketID.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 392
  • RulerForkID.jpg
    RulerForkID.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 383
Thanks I appreciate it, I've fab'ed some other bits and pieces from aluminum. It's all been done by hand with a dremel and router bits.

Yes, its good fun to design and make up your own parts. If you take a look at my album on this site, you will see the aluminum brackets I made up for my Brembo calipers. They were done by hand.

Yeah I looked at the brackets you fabricated, they look much more refined than mine, as well as those done by KevC for Fazer Blue Spots, I even had the blue spots but I just wasn't comfortable with how far I had to space the disc from the wheel for the caliper to clear the spokes. I happened to have scored this whole caliper, steel line, and brembo MC, an entire Brembo unit from a 2010 Husqvarna 510 for $80 off ebay when I was hunting for a new MC. I liked the unit but had no clue how to mount it so I thought I'de try the Fazer route or yours. Well yesterday when I just couldn't accept having to space the disc that far I decided to try this and it just worked out perfectly with no spacing. Fabrication by hand really connects you to things, more work but more fun.

I am going to fit a 2 piston brembo from an aircooled monster next winter, pin spacing is the same as the 4 piston. so my bracket i ordered eons ago to fit a 4 piston may even work.

Nice job man! Looks like you changed your forks too.
I put front brakes from a cr 500 on my xs last fall. Not too hard of a project
Way lighter and man do I have brakes now!

Yeah, swapped in 38MM Kawasaki Vulcan Forks, they're a few inches taller and they are air assisted. I am also using a different triple if you check my photos. I'm using a 38mm triple from a Maico dirt bike. Really clean and simple looking.

I have a 2 piston Brembo off a BMW that I intend to use on the front with an 11MM Brembo master from a Moto Guzzi. I was looking at the zero offset 320MM brake discs from the older Monsters for a disc, and wasn't sure about spoke clearance. This gives me confidence that it can work out well. I'm keen to get the caliper and disc lined up with a single mounting plate to keep flex to a minimum. My caliper is laid out a little different with the hose entry on one end and the bleeder in between the pots. I'm not positive, but I will be next week, if they can be swapped if I want. How thick was your stock material your bracket was made with? I ask because I have an extensive amount of 1/4" 6061-T6 plate I can work with, and it would be nice if that worked out.
Any additional info you have will be appreciated.

Back