CutterXcore Build

CutterXcore

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread to use a my build log on here. The following pics all took place about 2 months ago and I'm currently waiting on my TIG welder for the frame back.

The day I got it. I was so excited about the build I started tearing it apart before I got a pic, so I had to toss the seat back on and snap one off.
P1030308.jpg

Shocks off, an idea of what the new stance may be.
P1030317.jpg

Bones.
P1030319.jpg

Rough chop before I received the TC Bros hardtail.
P1030325.jpg

Hardtail arrived.
P1030332.jpg

Will post new pics as I make progress.

Also, here's a pic of my buddies KZ550 project going on in the other side of my garage.
P1030326.jpg

What kind of TIG welder are you getting?

I'm sure you already know but you'll want the motor (or a jig that holds the motor mounts) in place when you're welding up that hardtail.

What are you plans for the build?

Didn't word that the best. I'm waiting for the guy TIG welding the frame to finish with it. I took it to a shop with a great reputation in the drag racing community to TIG it in a Jig for me. I had other people willing to take a shot at it, but I don't want to take any chances on my safety. As far as the rest of the bike goes I'm comfortable enough to MIG any smaller brackets.

It will most resemble a frisco build (hopefully). I got ahold of a really unique blue metalflake sportster style tank built by The Fiberglass Works in Santa Cruz, CA (popular custom shop back in the 70's) Looking for some risers right now and will be going with some 1" Z bars and will cut them down as narrow as possible....I'm not going to stay true to the style with the wheels as I plan to go with a motard rear wheel and possibly as wide as a 160 or 180 rear tire, but whitewall for sure.

As far as colors go, this pic has always been inspiration.
rrb%20(20).JPG

Sounds like you have some pretty cool ideas for where you want to go with the bike. Can't wait to see the build.

Back