CVMG Rally 2022 is on!

a month to get Weathervane trip ready, hmm...............

Attachments

• KIMG1145.JPG
    KIMG1145.JPG
    370.8 KB · Views: 85
Depends on how close you want to be to the Rally site. Paris does have motels / hotels but if you ride 10 - 25 minutes there will be more options. I can look and see what’s close.

I’ve got some decent little saddlebags and just bought a cheap tent at CTC. I will strap that on Betty with a small sleeping bag (it’s only a couple of nights). The camping is a bit basic, but that seems to be what most people do. I’d guess that the hotels will fill quickly.

Pete

Since I’m not so far I’ll be doing the commute thing. “Local” brand name chain hotels will be expensive and as Pete suggests availability may be slim soon. I checked around here (Burlington area) and Motel 6 is about $100 cad per night. Still seems to be availability. Smaller motels would be less costly. Burlington is about a 40 minute ride to Paris on the highway and about an hour back roads.

It is an option:)
I now have another bike trip planned along the coast and through the Cascade mountains of Washington State now though, at the same time, so will have to live through your photos. I'm not sure if I could so quickly endure the Toronto airport lineups again!o_O

It is an option:)
I now have another bike trip planned along the coast and through the Cascade mountains of Washington State now though, at the same time, so will have to live through your photos. I'm not sure if I could so quickly endure the Toronto airport lineups again!o_O
Easy peasy, just ride your bike out here.

I’m so bummed out. Had the XS and Water Buffalo ready to attend the rally this weekend. Some buddies contacted me and asked if I wanted to do a coffee run this evening. Why not I thought. Took the Buffalo and it ran like a top. Stopped by the bank on the way back about 3 miles from home, got some cash and went to start the bike - dead. There was some power but very, very low. Certainly not enough to use the electric starter. After multiple attempts with the kick start I got it going. It would randomly die especially when the headlight was on. I eventually got it to run well enough to get a block from home and dead again. Messed around with the ignition and kill switches and managed to get it home.

Checked battery voltage at rest and it was about 12.8V, bike running about 14.3V. Engine off, turn key on and voltage dropped to 9-10V. Cycle key on and off and sometimes could get 12.7V with the key on but with any load (attempt to start with electric starter or turn headlight on) and voltage dropped sub 10V.
Hooked my small lithium booster pack to it and the bike fired right up.

I have the battery on charge for the night to see what that does. I’m suspecting a new battery is in order. Can a battery just dies like this, suddenly losing its reserve capacity? I quickly checked all wires and connections and couldn’t find anything else wrong. Maybe the ignition switch is going bad?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back