Dare i say another new guy!

rustynail99

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hey guys my name is Rusty and i am new to the forum. i have been planning my xs project for over 8 months and finally got the money to go ahead and start it! some how in my infinite wisdom (more like lack there of) i ended up with 2 650s. the first one is bone stock and i plan to chop the rear section off and hardtail it with a tc bros hardtail among other things. this bike will be my hopefully reliable daily driver. i was originally just going to sell off the other one until i saw it in person and saw how freakin kool it was. its a 70's style chopper with an amen plunger style frame and square stock girder front end. i thought it was going to need a lot of work but it actually only needs the carbs rebuilt, a seat, some serious rewiring work, and a lot of tlc. this will be my dont give a shit rat bob that i will probably let my 16 year old little brother ride for the most part. i will post up some pics of both bikes soon and keep everyone updated on the progress. im in college and my semester is ridiculous so i unfortunitly wont be able to get to it till after that is over on dec. 10. any ideas tips tricks or comments are more then welcome and i am always eager to learn from those who have traveled the path before me. i will post some pics soon of what ive got so far. thanks guys!

Rusty :D

Hey rusty! Welcome to the forum!

i thought it was going to need a lot of work but it actually only needs the carbs rebuilt, a seat, some serious rewiring work, and a lot of tlc.
Sounds like it's still going to be bit of work! As far as the hardtail daily driver, I hope you get a good seat or don't have to drive too far daily! Looking forward to the pics!

haha yea true, but considering how much i thought it needed before i saw it in person it doesnt seem like as much. As far as the hardtail goes, i plan on having a sprung solo seat and hopefully i can avoid most of the potholes! should make for an... interesting ride. ill let you know how much my chiropractor bill is after six months. lol.

ok sorry for the wait guys here are some pics of the new projects! the white one is getting chopped and bobbed and the other is just getting finished when ever that will be. ill keep you guys posted, let me know what you think and if you have any ideas im very open to ideas!
intheshop.jpg
:D

Rusty, got any side shots of the Amen bike with the girder? Want to get a better look at that beast!

I'd like to see some close up shots of the girder. Specifically the triple clamps and link set ups. From the side and the front. I've been working on a girder of my own, and would like to see what the builder did on this particular design. Thanks.

no problem guys. im actually be goin to the shop later tonight so i will get a bunch of pics of the amen style and the girder and post em up pronto! happy to be able to contribute something back since im sure once i start tearing into these things i will have a ton of questions! thanks for the replies! :D

Back