Did someone say 2017 calendars? Nomination thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really nice bikes this year! You guys are killing it with making this happen quickly. Keep 'em coming!

It is up to the person nominated to make sure they accept the nomination. let the person you nominate know with a message, private or public.

Any one can second a nomination unless they did the nomination. If you see some one needs a second please don't leave it to someone else

Here is a list up to post # 78......
.25Nom.................21 Accept..........22 seconded ........1 ???r

Nom..........................Accept.........2nd

JayR............................Sn/A...........2nd.
Wrenchjohns.................A...............2nd
fjr04...............................................
gentlemanjim.................A..............2nd
pckopp...........................A..............2nd
lurch11..........................................
Halfmile.........................A................2nd
yamahadudeXS650C....A...............2nd
rude................................................2nd
VonFuct..........................A..............2nd
Shenanigans...................A.............2nd
Paulrxs650......................A..............2nd
phil1rowe4.......................A..............2nd
Wingedwheel................Sn/A..........2nd
SEd27..............................A..............2nd
KryptoKnight...................................2nd
Gracer.............................A..............2nd
Vincenthdfan...................A...............2nd
schlakeandbake30.........Sn/A............2nd
Artec................................A.............2nd
Brian Deltorre.........................................To determine if a member?
MrBultaco........................Sn/A........2nd
Lance Weersma...........Sn/A.........2nd
Michaelo.........................Sn/A.........2nd
DanielBlack...................Sn/A..........2nd
littlebill31........................Sn/A..........

Last edited:
If I read this right you can self nominate? Well I hope so as I would like to put my 75B in contention....so here are some pictures.....

Attachments

• xs650B tank.jpg
    xs650B tank.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 358
  • FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    FullSizeRender 5.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 341
  • Shute Harbour XS650.jpg
    Shute Harbour XS650.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 347
  • Everyday rider.jpg
    Everyday rider.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 343
  • xs650 1.jpg
    xs650 1.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 335
I would like to self-nominate my Stella in anticipation of picking up her new seat tomorrow morning. With that done, Phase I of getting her back on the road as a daily rider is essentially complete save for fine tuning and polish.

I would be honored to have my bike considered amongst the fine examples above.
IMG_20161119_211931_01.jpg

I'll go ahead and nominate myself and
"The Piston Pounder"
Will get some more pics as this was just a quick cell phone snap.
IMG_1122.JPG

Post #6 does state that pics are a required for a nomination so we can see what is up for the calendar

Stella is a 1977D survivor that I've brought into service as my daily ride in metro Phoenix.

Phase I of this resto-mod is just about finished and can be followed by reading my thread.

I would be truly honored to commemorate the last three months in which I've come to know this machine. Moments not spent actively working on her were spent obsessively pouring over manuals, google, YouTube, and most of all this forum and its predecessor 650rider.

Attachments

• IMG_20161120_140827845~2.jpg
    IMG_20161120_140827845~2.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20161120_135851355_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20161120_135851355_HDR~2.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_20161120_140409388_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20161120_140409388_HDR~2.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Agree it looks great and also unusual.

Sent 2 personal messages to him but he hasn't accepted his nomination so unless he does...........................................

Just saw this, and wow, I most humbly accept and would be honored to have the Brass Bonsai in the mix of some beautiful XS's! Thanks 650Skull!

I'm a big fan of steampunk concept, and this is just amazing and beautiful all at the same time :D haha. I'm loving all of the brass paint jobs (unless it's really brass?) But what I like the most is the windshield, that's one of a kind :D

Haha, thanks! I've heard the "steampunk" thing more than a few times now about my bike. That wasn't my intention, although I dig the style and creativity of it, The brass theme started with the old brass petcocks that were already on the tiny tank. Most of the brass is real, the only paint is on the covers, a few odds and ends and the spare liter fuel can under the seat. Haha, yeah the "windshield" was a bitch to make having never really worked with plexiglass before but I like the way it worked out. There's a chip or two in it already so obviously it's saved my life.

cal1.JPG
cal2.JPG
cal3.JPG
cal4.JPG
cal5.JPG
cal6.JPG
XS20riginal.JPG
motorshag, thanks. I'll post a before pic along with some new pics I took for the voting. I didn't like my other ones that well but they were taken during moments of excitement...:)
cal1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back