Do you ever wonder what becomes of the custom bikes?

weekendrider

Iron Horse cowboy
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not talkin paint and shiney. Ima talking about bikes that the owners have made theirs with mechanical innovation. gggGarys Madness, Grizld1's, 2M, DMP's and a dozen others I've forgotten.

Thinking of xsjohn's. Can you imagine the fingering a new owner would have with that???
WHERE would you start? Nothing you described would come close to even bein kinda OEM.

CHEERS to the thinkers and tinkerers

actually, XS John's son just posted on Facebook! He still has his dad's bike, just as he left it!
Saw that this morning, Awesome!
I do keep a log book on my bike maintenance and changes, a 3 ring binder with pages for each bike, I hand them to buyers when they leave here.. Honestly I have to, no other way to remember or keep track of what I've done, there's so many, LOL

His probably ought to be in a museum somewhere. Interesting backgrounds will just more and more involve the internet, and especially if the xs650 has a broader interest than just here, which I don't know.

Thanks for the kind words, WR. Don't know what other guys plan to do, but when I hang up my helmet in a very few years and sell my old Yamaha it won't go to anybody who doesn't have the skills to find his way around in it. I don't have a problem saying "Sorry, you wouldn't much like this machine and it damn sure wouldn't like you. No sale."

Back