Doms XS650B US import

Yes XS2 Tangerine Orange, I’ll report back with quality!
Just picked up XS2 tank today from Ultimate Bike Paint and to be fair I can’t fault the finish, it’s difficult to get the correct shade on the UK colour scheme, I went for RS paint Mandarin Orange and looks identical to the pictures I supplied him. The image looks a little red with the iPad and unusually it was a very sunny day in Cardiff today, the actual finish is more orange.
Dom, I think I saw your tank with the first paint job when I dropped of my XS2, it was bitterly cold in his shed that day and I wonder if those temperatures had anything to do with your clear coat not hardening.

There’s no decals on my tank and the cost was twice as much as your 75 but a lot less than other quotes, I guess he has good days and bad days.
Paul

Attachments

• 0B0C119E-6DBA-4230-A514-243F2D5591BD.jpeg
    0B0C119E-6DBA-4230-A514-243F2D5591BD.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 51
Just picked up XS2 tank today from Ultimate Bike Paint and to be fair I can’t fault the finish, it’s difficult to get the correct shade on the UK colour scheme, I went for RS paint Mandarin Orange and looks identical to the pictures I supplied him. The image looks a little red with the iPad and unusually it was a very sunny day in Cardiff today, the actual finish is more orange.
Dom, I think I saw your tank with the first paint job when I dropped of my XS2, it was bitterly cold in his shed that day and I wonder if those temperatures had anything to do with your clear coat not hardening.

There’s no decals on my tank and the cost was twice as much as your 75 but a lot less than other quotes, I guess he has good days and bad days.
Paul
Yes that was yours! It looks great, I'm happy enough with mine for what I paid to be honest and the bike itself is an absolute hoot to ride, somewhat more relaxed than my Daytona and not in 3 figures with a twist of the wrist which should keep me alive a bit longer. Gets lots of attention too.

I think I have a leaky float valve, with the engine off and fuel taps on one or both overflow. Something to look at this week as the weather won't be riding weather.

Well I've stripped the left carb and given the valve a good clean with a cotton bud with 0000 wirewool but it still leaks, there is a noticeable ring on the valve where is has continually contacted the brass seat. I tried replacing it with a copy part but as I expected it still pee'd fuel out. All this was with me holding the valve up with my finger to ensure its the valve leaking and not the float. I think an upgrade to Honda viton tipped valves is the answer, if I can find any in the UK that is.

Back