Doms XS650B US import

Tank etc all done! Ultimate Bike Paint has done a fantastic job pulling the dents out of the tank. I wasn't anticipating it being done so View attachment 236096View attachment 236097View attachment 236098soon as I'm up to my arse trying to paint the frame with the engine still fitted....I don't recommend this method, proper stupid idea of mine to save some hassle... It doesnt!
Cracking paint job Dom, was it expensive. I’ve been quoted £1600 plus vat for my XS2, a quality company but that’s a bit steep for me. I didn’t want to pay more than £1500 inclusive of VAT, although the XS2 UK orange is a time consuming task (no decals available). What’s your thoughts on the cost? Cheers Paul

Cracking paint job Dom, was it expensive. I’ve been quoted £1600 plus vat for my XS2, a quality company but that’s a bit steep for me. I didn’t want to pay more than £1500 inclusive of VAT, although the XS2 UK orange is a time consuming task (no decals available). What’s your thoughts on the cost? Cheers Paul

Not expensive at all and less than I was quoted, I'm not sure if he'd be happy for me broadcasting it on a forum but what the hell! £400 with me supplying the decals. I'd better hurry up and pick them up before he changes his mind.

Not expensive at all and less than I was quoted, I'm not sure if he'd be happy for me broadcasting it on a forum but what the hell! £400 with me supplying the decals. I'd better hurry up and pick them up before he changes his mind.
That's a smokin' deal!! :smoke:

Will definitely give Ultimate a call for a quote and won’t mention your deal. Do you have a phone number? Thanks

I didn't mention the finish ive got on the frame is by brush not rattle can, Rustoleum combicolor flats out amazingly well.

A bit more progress over the last few weeks, I'm really enjoying slowly putting everything back together after cleaning it all up and painting bits.
20230225_180445.jpg
20230304_162740.jpg
20230304_162754.jpg

Tank etc all done! Ultimate Bike Paint has done a fantastic job pulling the dents out of the tank. I wasn't anticipating it being done so View attachment 236096View attachment 236097View attachment 236098soon as I'm up to my arse trying to paint the frame with the engine still fitted....I don't recommend this method, proper stupid idea of mine to save some hassle... It doesnt!
So thats where these images came from!!

Your tins are famous all over facebook group pages.

One of those Nigerian/Ethiopian scammers is trying to sell them to anyone gullible enough to fall for their scam.

Back