done the unthinkable

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
iv done the unthinkable in some peoples eyes , sold the 1200 sportster and had a 2019 royal enfield 500 follow me home , the sportie was to heavy for my legs plus i just did not like it so bought the enfield , only 2200kls on it , its a lot easier on the legs so will be riding it rather than leaving it parked in the shed like the sportie .. sat on 100-110 kph on the way home and found it fun to ride through the twisties on my mt rds , ordered a free a flow exhaust, a new upgraded ecu with a 2 maps on bars switch , and a better kn air filter all for about au$600 , should make a big difference , and the best part still left a few dollars in the deal to finish off my xs650 .. ya a good day all around

lol... here in australia , harleys have more of a cult following than in the states , i only bought mine because it was so cheap and no other reason , have ridden a few harleys over the yrs but not the sportie and never owned any , try as i could but i just didnt like it prefering bikes like my xs650 but to most harley ridders in oz they just cant understand it as to them owning a harley is their pinnical of bike ridding .. me .. ea to their own , i dont care what anybody rides so long as they enjoy it , afraid pictures are out as dont own a m/ph- camera but will follow up with the performance upgrades which should be good as the re are built to europe standard emmissions which are a lot higher than australia ,the original exhaust is very big and heavy besides being very restrictive so the free flow should be a lot better , the ecu only read about but suppose to be very good and being made in india not very expensive in comparison , its a powertronic , for a extra 40 bucks you get a bar mounted switch controlling 2 different maps .. and the air filter , the re one is fairly crappy so a good filter is never going to hurt ... going to be a few weeks as all this will be coming from india and with xmas??? will post up then especially about the ecu as they make models for a lot of other bikes as well

Shit load of jetting info in the "tech section". Have a mate take pics and email you pics to post here...
no jetting , fuel injection not carbs but once all the changes are done will get a mate to post pics for me ...forgot to mention also putting a low rider seat on it as well to get the feet more firmly on the ground

Flea - congrats on the 500. I volunteer at a Royal Enfield dealer and the Red Rooster exhaust sounds amazing on either the 650 and 500.
Regards - Ray.

Back