Drone memory card.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a 256g memory card for the drone when I first bought it. The card will fit around 8 minutes of video. The drone itself has onboard storage of 128g, but only gives a couple of minutes of video footage. So all up, about 10minutes with onboard and card storage. 10 minutes doesn't sound a lot, but that's quite a bit of footage. A 512g card would obviously hold more, but I've never run out of space on the 256g card, so,it'll do me.

How's that compare to flight time?

I've never actually timed the flight time, but the book says 38minutes, so I'd say 20-30 minutes depending wind, speed, etc. I've just returned from the wetlands around the corner, did some practicing guiding the thing through the trees and bushes, then flew over the wetlands. I increased the distance to 420 metres and so did six passes filming it all. Then another 420 metres the other way flying two passes. Not liking sending the thing out of sight, but if you want good footage there's not a lot of options.
I've just discovered a discrepancy in the timing, I've been looking at the wrong numbers, where it says 69 seconds, it was actually 5.30 minutes. So taking that into account I probably got well over 30 minutes of footage and the card wasn't even full.

Back