Dunlop K-180 tires

46th Georgia

No Talent Hack
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody tried Dunlop K-180's? If so, how was the handling on pavement, in the wet? How well did they hold up? Building a street tracker and I like the look, however, looks arent everything.

I have zero knowledge about the Dunlop K-180, but may have a somewhat similar looking alternative for you, as long as you can live with narrower tires (4.00 is the largest, both in 18 and 19") In my opinion, a "period looking" XS650 street tracker actually should have narrower tires than modern flat trackers. Just view "On Any Sunday" once more ;)

https://en.reifenwerk-heidenau.com/modules/news/96_K34-New-Dimension.htm

On stock 18/19 XS spoked wheels, I'd be inclined to run 4.00x18 and 3.25x19.

I run PIRELLI SCORPION MT90 A/T on The Welsh Flat Tracker
Sizes: Front 100/90/18 Rear 140/80/18
Great on and off road in the dry. Not done much wet riding however.
tires.PNG
ft7.PNG
ft9.PNG

Last edited:
I have zero knowledge about the Dunlop K-180, but may have a somewhat similar looking alternative for you, as long as you can live with narrower tires (4.00 is the largest, both in 18 and 19") In my opinion, a "period looking" XS650 street tracker actually should have narrower tires than modern flat trackers. Just view "On Any Sunday" once more ;)

https://en.reifenwerk-heidenau.com/modules/news/96_K34-New-Dimension.htm

On stock 18/19 XS spoked wheels, I'd be inclined to run 4.00x18 and 3.25x19.
Have you any experience with the Heidenau's? Just curious about handling, wear, wet weather etc.

Have you any experience with the Heidenau's? Just curious about handling, wear, wet weather etc.
Just a little, on a Suzuki 125 project for my youngest son, in 3.25x18 front and rear. That little bike handled fine on paved roads, although its top speed was just a touch above 70 mph

Wear is difficult to asses as its a sunny Sunday bike, so not big miles. Seems OK though.
I understand. Mine will also be a "Sunday" bike. I have a H-D Road King for long trips. Tire wear is just one of those things that I fret about. Some say I should seek professional help to deal with my fretting.

Wear is difficult to asses as its a sunny Sunday bike, so not big miles. Seems OK though.
I actually have a set of Pirelli MT60 on my XS650. Dry grip is pretty good, and the rear is worn quite a bit after 4000 km. I guess it will need replacing after 6000, maybe earlier. The road surface in my area is pretty rough and hard on tires.

Back