Early Carb/Float Bowl - Brass Drain Elbows Available

I have pairs of the smaller drain elbows, my machinist is working on a run of the larger fuel inlet elbows. Not sure how brutal shipping is to the UK these days, but I can get a quote for the small ones this week. Or do you want to wait to get both sets? thx.

Found a good machinist, working on prototypes now for both large & small elbows. And a fuel-resistant resin version with press-in brass connector.
Hi Mez, I am also in NZ and need a set of the large elbows. Do you have any spare at the moment.
Regards Mike

Mike, I cancelled the machinist work because Pete made his own and with prices of labor over here so high, there is really not enough interest to make these profitably at the moment. Thx.

I am also interested in some of the larger fuel/body elbows what size run would make it worthwhile to make some?

:twocents: I'm looking into making some starting with brass insert elbows.
1697650316607.png

Let me confirm. thx.
These are the smaller ones but are there preferences on fuel resistant 3d printed vs. brass vs. aluminum machined square body?

Mez

Attachments

• metal.jpg
    metal.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 3dprint.jpg
    3dprint.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 36
For restoration accuracy a cream colored plastic on a brass tapered carb insert.
But the carb body fuel els are pretty well hidden and all brass seems like a no brainer to a function over form kinda guy.

For restoration accuracy a cream colored plastic on a brass tapered carb insert.
But the carb body fuel els are pretty well hidden and all brass seems like a no brainer to a function over form kinda guy.
I can 3D print them in Nylon 12. The full one may have issues pressing into the bowl opening so Im testing that. I can press in a brass piece so its a more factory style and the nylon will be white. Im going to do a run of a dozen (6 of each) and Ill attach the pictures of them in a few days. Brass is a bit too overpriced since Im not making them myself. I will probably be able to sell them for $24 a pair plus shipping. Im in the US, Texas so overseas may or not make sense shippingwise for some.

Mez
(attachments are rendered in Solidworks for me, from the dimensions of an unbroken original example.

Attachments

• GP6A.JPG
    GP6A.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 26
  • GPBF6A.JPG
    GPBF6A.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 28
I can 3D print them in Nylon 12. The full one may have issues pressing into the bowl opening so Im testing that. I can press in a brass piece so its a more factory style and the nylon will be white. Im going to do a run of a dozen (6 of each) and Ill attach the pictures of them in a few days. Brass is a bit too overpriced since Im not making them myself. I will probably be able to sell them for $24 a pair plus shipping. Im in the US, Texas so overseas may or not make sense shippingwise for some.

Mez
(attachments are rendered in Solidworks for me, from the dimensions of an unbroken original example.
Update: I am taking this larger fuel crossover elbow to get the Solidworks file made so that this one can get 3D printed in Nylon. The brass piece probably wont be stepped (for simplicity's sake) like the original, unless someone knows that this stepped section is required. The smaller diameter will match the press in diameter of the carb body itself.

Mez

Attachments

• 20231103_160250.jpg
    20231103_160250.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 30
Update coming ASAP. thx.
All,
Unfortunately this little 5 year experiment has ended. With labor costs so high these days, getting any of these elbows machined is impossible ($$$) at the scale Im working with. Its without question that injection molding is beyond my budget and I do NOT believe that 3D printed items are up to the needs we all would expect from parts that flow the fuels we are accustomed to using.

Thx. Paul

Back