Wanted - Early (straight) kick start

WideAWAKE

Single Fins and Twin Cylinders
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for an early (believe pre 74??) straight style kick start lever.

anyone got one floating around??

This is what I’m lookin for.

1D5505E7-EB8D-4DBB-8207-36E41AA5CDEF.jpeg

20210308_212007.jpg

So are you looking for the original? Or are you looking for something different?
This pic shows a stock 78E on the left, which is rather bulky and quite a club, and two other sleeker lighter kickers.
One of these came off an XS750 Special, other I can't even remember. There is also different reach at the spline joint. I just think the bulky stock club can be improved on with one that tucks in tighter to the engine further away from both the side cover and your leg.

Last edited:
View attachment 186561
So are you looking for the original? Or are you looking for something different?
This pic shows a stock 78E on the left, which is rather bulky and quite a club, and two other sleeker lighter kickers. One of these came off an XS750 Special, other I can't even remember. There is also different reach at the spline joint. I just think the bulky stock club can be improved on with one that tucks in tighter to the engine further away from both the side cover and your leg.

Well that’s just too many options haha

I am looking for an original early style (the photo I posted is of a repop from a 70-73 bikes).

Well, You could have my original big club kicker if that would help. I really like the pic of the one you posted.

Well, You could have my original big club kicker if that would help. I really like the pic of the one you posted.

The pic I posted is what I believe is the kick start that came on 70-73 bikes.

As well as rd350s.

that’s what I’m lookin for.

And I really appreciate the offer btw!!!

Last edited:
I believe either an original like you posted or the RD will work.
All good comparisons. Looks like you've found at least 3 options then.
This XS original on my shelf is just a one way boomerang here, so if you should need further inquiry, pm about it
;)

Back