Electric Vehicles, Hybrids...Battery tech... Land Air and Sea. Let's See 'em.

Is the internal combustion engine doomed to history

• Yes

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • ...er... what was the question again?

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
If you dig, you will learn that many have been cured successfully. I'm learning all I can, just in case the day comes when I need it.
So do you think this is a cure all or another advancement?

Steve McQueen went out of the country for his cancer treatment. Didn't do him much good.

I'm a little jaded when it comes to health care and out of country cures or even in country cures. I prefer to stay with the AMA thinking. Remember when the Amish Doctor had a cure for COVID? Or the cures a very public figure thought might work?

I’ve been seeing a lot of development of electric motorcycles lately.

Eric Buells’s company Fuell , has one in development,

This is a start up from a British company, Maeving. Their approach is to create an affordable, limited range city bike. Check out how easy the battery is removed and carried, with a unique charging station. The bike can either carry one battery with a range of 40 miles, or add a second battery inside the “ gas tank” and extend the range to 80 miles. The British government is offering up to £500 off the purchase price for electric motorcycles.

This bike I think is very interesting, it’s on the high end. From Tarform, all hand built by a private company in Brooklyn New York. They are pricey, but have excellent performance and a very unique sound. They actually pick up natural sounds from the drive system and amplify it “ like an electric guitar” according to the designer. The result is a rather snarly sounding electric motorcycle. This video is a bit longer because it’s not a promotional video, it’s an actual test ride by an average guy. Even if you don’t watch the whole thing, at least fast forward to a point where you can hear it, it’s pretty cool.

"I keep reachin' for the clutch.... an it's not there..."
That'd be me. :cautious:

That sound... sounds like it straight outta Tron. I dig it. :laugh2:

That Maeving RM1 might just go places. Tics all the boxes for an urban commuter. I think 60 would have been a better top end.... other than that, it's got a lot going for it. Taking the battery inside for charging (or to swap out) is genius. And I really like the styling.
To paraphrase Ryan F9..... this is the bike we need if we're gonna have an electric future.

1656210622926.png

That Maeving RM1 might just go places. Tics all the boxes for an urban commuter. I think 60 would have been a better top end.... other than that, it's got a lot going for it. Taking the battery inside for charging (or to swap out) is genius. And I really like the styling.
To paraphrase Ryan F9..... this is the bike we need if we're gonna have an electric future.

View attachment 217269

Yeah I agree, it’s a simple design with an affordable price. If you lived in a dense urban environment and had a relatively short commute, a bike like this makes a lot of sense.

Back