Electric Vehicles, Hybrids...Battery tech... Land Air and Sea. Let's See 'em.

Is the internal combustion engine doomed to history

• Yes

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • ...er... what was the question again?

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Mortons Neuroma.

Never heard of it......... looked it up and it isn't something i would be looking forward to. I have a wide toe box and finding work boots that are comfortable from the get go has always been a chore.

Any idea what the cause is.

Hydrocodone helps limit it to pissy.
I've been on that, matter of fact I've been on most opioid medications trying to dull the pain from PsA. Methadone being the strongest, which is up there close to Fentanyl. Unfortunately none worked, so I stopped, not an easy exercise coming down off methadone I can tell you. I'm now used to the pain, sort of, it is the new normal.
I look at this way now: The pain tells me I am alive. It also tells me that hammers, screwdrivers and spanners are the enemy!

I think what he is saying is E-Bikes have to build/market and sell to their strengths. Not try to be something they are not.

I think what he is saying is E-Bikes have to build/market and sell to their strengths. Not try to be something they are not.
Saw that when he released it. Ryan makes some good points.... "impractical bikes for imaginary buyers" about sums it up.

Honda started with bikes like the SuperCub.... not a superbike. EV tech has the ability to give us something like the SuperCub and like the original, there's prolly a pretty good market for it out there.

A 150mph superbike with 75mi range for a gazillion bucks.... not so much.
Build what people will buy, not what makes the front page of the latest and greatest EV website... whichever that one is on that particular day.

Motorcycles aren't vehicles they are dreams of a life style, one we probably won't lead anyways, but no one wants to buy a bike they can't take on a wild spur of the moment trip to ANYWHERE they wish.
Isn't that kind of like where E-Cars are right now?

I've been on that, matter of fact I've been on most opioid medications trying to dull the pain from PsA. Methadone being the strongest, which is up there close to Fentanyl. Unfortunately none worked, so I stopped, not an easy exercise coming down off methadone I can tell you. I'm now used to the pain, sort of, it is the new normal.
I look at this way now: The pain tells me I am alive. It also tells me that hammers, screwdrivers and spanners are the enemy!
Agree. Took the pills the day of the surgery and yesterday.... none so far today. Yeah, the pain sucks, but the disjointed half dazed feeling from the opioids is even worse. How anyone gets to be an addict is beyond me.... :shrug:

Motorcycles aren't vehicles they are dreams of a life style, one we probably won't lead anyways, but no one wants to buy a bike they can't take on a wild spur of the moment trip to ANYWHERE they wish.
Honda started making bikes after WWII out of necessity.... both to rebuild a shattered economy and as affordable transportation... a means to an end.
If EV bikes want a future, they need to look at themselves in that light.

Wild spur of the moment trip to ANYWHERE they wish will come eventually. Baby steps. Get a good grip on "useful" then we can work toward "fanciful."

The day will come when E-Cars are the predominate mode of transportation. Just a lot of problems and logistics to work out before that can happen. Kind of like ICE Autos a hundred or so years ago when we didn't have hard roads or filling stations.

The day will come when E-Cars are the predominate mode of transportation.
Or something we haven't yet thought of.

Do you know why brownstones in New York have those high stoops? It was to get them above the horse poop! It was a desperate situation before gasoline powered vehicles took over. We can only imagine.

Or something we haven't yet thought of.

Do you know why brownstones in New York have those high stoops? It was to get them above the horse poop! It was a desperate situation before gasoline powered vehicles took over. We can only imagine.
Every mode of transportation for the masses has had it's problems. Remember when smog was a bigger problem than it is now?
Heck before coal burning wood in London caused air problems for the city. Large concentrations of people doing the same thing causes problems.
On another note I bought 2 gallons of premium gas today. $5.19 a gallon. OUCH

Agree. Took the pills the day of the surgery and yesterday.... none so far today. Yeah, the pain sucks, but the disjointed half dazed feeling from the opioids is even worse. How anyone gets to be an addict is beyond me.... :shrug:
I never had any problems coming down off opioids, just took my time. However, I do think there is a difference between short term users like myself and long term users.
As they never worked for me, I have to take a different approach now, surgery! Hip, big toe, finger joints all replaced or fused, ulna nerve transposition. Makes it difficult to work, but hey, after I'm gone the wife can make a bit of money, sell me to a scrap scrap yard.

I never had any problems coming down off opioids, just took my time. However, I do think there is a difference between short term users like myself and long term users.
As they never worked for me, I have to take a different approach now, surgery! Hip, big toe, finger joints all replaced or fused, ulna nerve transposition. Makes it difficult to work, but hey, after I'm gone the wife can make a bit of money, sell me to a scrap scrap yard.
I saw the pics of your finger surgery's.... so I understand your work difficulties. Getting hooked on the pain killers would be the end of me... and you I suspect.
Hell, it's my thread. If I can't hijack it, then who can.... :sneaky:

Arthritis is setting into my fingers and wrists, but they're still usable.
I get cortisone shots in my neck... otherwise I'm restricted to about 30° head movement either direction.... and that's 30 degrees of snaps and pops to get there. With the shots I'm almost at normal movement.
Right rotator cuff has been redone. It's holding up well. 3 tears in the left still need doing.
Right knee is metal and has never worked right since new. The fix for that is to replace it.... again.
Left knee has a meniscus tear that needs surgery.
This is the second try on the left foot neuroma. Hopefully they got it all this time.
Peripheral neuropathy in both feet. I take 2700mg of gabapentin a day ( :yikes: ) for that... and that gets me to being able to stand on 'em for about 15 min at a time... on a good day.
I shudder to think what would happen if I got hooked on opioids.... it'd be the end of me for sure.

Gettin' old ain't for the weak of mind... but I'll take that over the alternative any day. And when it's a constant... pain become relative. Long as I can feel the pain, it means I'm still alive and kickin' :laugh2:
I'll take it.

Back