Endless Camchain Fitting

I'd sure like to know the source for those methods - perhaps a link on this site, or at least one without malware.

I'm trying to help you do it correctly (obvious need) and I ain't a happy camper ATM

ok, other than the link, i already shared, it was written in threads, mainly this one - page 2

My engine rebuild from scratch!!​

You will see the link on this thread as well

Are you more unhappy with the link or the idea of messing with the tensioner?

I dont want to stir up a Hornets nest, but i would like your feedback as to these methods -

Thanks

Barrie

Hey Marty, and you reckon us English have a weird sense of humour!
anyway, ive read three options on this forum:
1. Grind one side of the pivop pin off, twist one side plate, fit camchain and swivel plate back (reputable contributor said no need to refix pin on that side?)
2. Grind off the brace/roller on one side, swivel plate fit camchain and tack weld brace/roller
3. Grind off the brace roller on both sides - apparently roller can then be bolted back in, but bolt heads/nuts must be ground down or low, so they dont block cylinder sleeves

I dont like option 1, so 2 or 3 for me
Did you end up doing this? If so, how has it worked? If not, can anyone point me to the right direction? I'm thinking that by doing #3 above, I could use a blind rivet bolt to bolt back in roller???

Did you end up doing this? If so, how has it worked? If not, can anyone point me to the right direction? I'm thinking that by doing #3 above, I could use a blind rivet bolt to bolt back in roller???
What I did was cut the chain. It is counter intuitive to cut a new chain, but at the end of the day I decided it was the path of least resistance.

What I did was cut the chain. It is counter intuitive to cut a new chain, but at the end of the day I decided it was the path of least resistance.
I bought bike with engine completely apart...I'm just trying to figure out what would be better.

I may be kinda oldschool in this matter, but if ya buy a proper new chain (not endless) it comes with a master link that is made to be riveted - fairly easy with the proper chain tool. I provided links earlier in this thread

Heck, I even do it on Honda top-end rebuilds (where it's normally not done) to avoid unnecessary splitting of crankcases

Last edited:
I may be kinda oldschool in this matter, but if ya buy a proper new chain (not endless) it comes with a master link that is made to be riveted - fairly easy with the proper chain tool. I provided links earlier in this thread
Bike came with new endless chain...so I figured I might as well use it.

Well, I split the chain and a old school biker dude at work asked if I was going to make bracelets🤣…I’m thinking he’s on to something.

Back