Engine stand question

vansmetal

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured this was a good place to post another diy stand. No welding, just a piece of scrap used.

Attachments

• 8E836CAB-CA6A-455A-9722-3127639B4D60.jpeg
    8E836CAB-CA6A-455A-9722-3127639B4D60.jpeg
    551.5 KB · Views: 44

Paul Sutton

I Collect Fingers
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Figured this was a good place to post another diy stand. No welding, just a piece of scrap used.
I like it...:hump: Very simple design and easily put together. The legs/feet are big enough to firmly stand on so the engine doesn't move when using a torque wrench. Is that perforated steel easy to find at hardware stores in the US - I am guessing it is for steel shelves??

vansmetal

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it...:hump: Very simple design and easily put together. The legs/feet are big enough to firmly stand on so the engine doesn't move when using a torque wrench. Is that perforated steel easy to find at hardware stores in the US - I am guessing it is for steel shelves??
Thanks! It was just a piece of scrap I found at work…no telling how long it had been around. It is aluminum, and it will probably flex some while torquing but for now it’ll work.

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Paul. I would imagine you could get offcuts of 40mm x 20mm Unistrut from any construction site in Cardiff and source the dims from the attached

Attachments

• bike stand.jpg
    bike stand.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 15