Engine stand question

Figured this was a good place to post another diy stand. No welding, just a piece of scrap used.

Attachments

• 8E836CAB-CA6A-455A-9722-3127639B4D60.jpeg
    8E836CAB-CA6A-455A-9722-3127639B4D60.jpeg
    551.5 KB · Views: 84
Figured this was a good place to post another diy stand. No welding, just a piece of scrap used.
I like it...:hump: Very simple design and easily put together. The legs/feet are big enough to firmly stand on so the engine doesn't move when using a torque wrench. Is that perforated steel easy to find at hardware stores in the US - I am guessing it is for steel shelves??

I like it...:hump: Very simple design and easily put together. The legs/feet are big enough to firmly stand on so the engine doesn't move when using a torque wrench. Is that perforated steel easy to find at hardware stores in the US - I am guessing it is for steel shelves??
Thanks! It was just a piece of scrap I found at work…no telling how long it had been around. It is aluminum, and it will probably flex some while torquing but for now it’ll work.

Paul. I would imagine you could get offcuts of 40mm x 20mm Unistrut from any construction site in Cardiff and source the dims from the attached

Attachments

• bike stand.jpg
    bike stand.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 59
Back