Engine/Tranny Rebuild

alfredo

1978 xs650 Special
Reaction score
So . . .I have the Clymer manual and I had read the engine part today. The only problem is that it doesn't really have any details on rebuilding the whole running gear. It shows you how to take it out and remove pretty much anything, but there are no torque specs and such. No "where" and "why" and "with what" to grease and such.

Just wanted to hear from the people here who have gone through a rebuild. I feel ok about taking the Clymer and just banging out questions here for specifics, but if someone knows of a better book or a better way . . . that would be much appreciated :shrug:

- take plenty of photos with a digital camera before and during your dismantling - at every step - youll be surprised how quick you forget how it all went together :doh:

- you have a 78 XS-E?, the white tracker if i remember...there is a yamaha manual for this model 2F0-28197-70...or look here too

- these are pretty simple motors and plenty of people here can help you

- read, learn and do :thumbsup:...dont forget the photos for your own reference when you go to put her back together :bike:

Back