Ever inherited a project? Yeah, me too. 75 XS650 Frankenbuild. Brat? Tracker? What?

Did you end up running the stock front hub and if so what changes did you have to make so it would work with the Gsxr forks?

Did you end up running the stock front hub and if so what changes did you have to make so it would work with the Gsxr forks?
Yep! It's well documented earlier in the thread but here's the cliff's notes version:
  • press out old bearings, press in new ones with larger inner diameter + a new inner spacer made from .120 wall, 1-1/4" steel tubing
  • bought rotors with 15mm offset + 10mm wide aluminum spacers + 25mm long titanium M8 rotor bolts
  • made new axle spacers from aluminum tube stock
Easy peasy! The preliminary math was the hardest part since you can't space the radial calipers any differently. Stoked it all worked!

Yep! It's well documented earlier in the thread but here's the cliff's notes version:
  • press out old bearings, press in new ones with larger inner diameter + a new inner spacer made from .120 wall, 1-1/4" steel tubing
  • bought rotors with 15mm offset + 10mm wide aluminum spacers + 25mm long titanium M8 rotor bolts
  • made new axle spacers from aluminum tube stock
Easy peasy! The preliminary math was the hardest part since you can't space the radial calipers any differently. Stoked it all worked!

Thanks! I tried looking for it but admit I was scrolling pretty fast.

I'm digging your build! I'm a former touring musician, bike builder and Texan too. Ha. And I'm building something very similar to this as well. A house purchase has slowed me down a bit but that should change within the next few weeks and I hope to get back on this build...

http://www.xs650.com/threads/street-tracker-scrambler-bigbore-yamahawesome.45796/#post-458568

Keep the posts coming! I'm learning from them, especially the M-Unit stuff as I am about to tackle that.

Back