Exhaust bolts size

RustiePyles

"Pocket sand! Sh-sh-sha!'
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone verify that the lower exhaust stay bolts right behind the bottom motor mount bot are 10mm? According to the Yam part# 90105-10058-00 (bolt part number) they're 10mm, I could have sworn they were 8mm. The tabs with the captured nuts have been cut off my chopper frame so I'm making some new ones for my foot peg brackets.
frametab.png

Yes, they are 10mm and have a fine thread, but I don't know the pitch offhand. The heads aren't 17mm though. This is one of those special fasteners Yamaha used on this bike. The head is 12mm and has a washer built into it .....

KnpIN9e.jpg

oUJrvG2.jpg

B69GCdG.jpg

Thread pitch is irrelevant in this case because I'm making the brackets myself, I just wanted to use the right size bolt. I'll use 10X1 coarse thread pan head bolts. I'll just tack some 10mm nuts inside a piece of square tube with one side cut off and weld it to the frame where the old ones used to be.

Thread pitch is irrelevant in this case because I'm making the brackets myself, I just wanted to use the right size bolt. I'll use 10X1 coarse thread pan head bolts. I'll just tack some 10mm nuts inside a piece of square tube with one side cut off and weld it to the frame where the old ones used to be.
If those will be for foot peg/rests, you might want to consider 10.9's instead of 8.8's. Bolt depot also has the stronger ones.

Gonna have to use button head, not much clearance between the pipe bracket.
bolt.PNG

I usually try to tally up... best I can, on all the hardware needs and order all at once. For a $50 order it's usually about 3-5 bucks shipping.... and they've never taken more than about 5 days to arrive. Good outfit.

Back