Farewell to a dear friend (grizld1)

Very sad news. I consider myself privileged to have made his acquaintance, and to have had numerous conversations with him - not to mention the honor to have shared a number of miles with him riding at the Ozarks rallies in recent years. The knowledge of this machine that he carried with him was simply encyclopedic. I will miss him greatly. Godspeed, my friend!

I took this photo of Mr. Russell at the last Ozarks rally that he was able to attend in 2019. Scenic overlook on AR7 on the way to Jasper

DSCN2778.JPG

Very sad news. I consider myself privileged to have made his acquaintance, and to have had numerous conversations with him - not to mention the honor to have shared a number of miles with him riding at the Ozarks rallies in recent years. The knowledge of this machine that he carried with him was simply encyclopedic. I will miss him greatly. Godspeed, my friend!

I took this photo of Mr. Russell at the last Ozarks rally that he was able to attend in 2019. Scenic overlook on AR7 on the way to Jasper

View attachment 228874
PM'd with him many times trying to learn as much as I could. Always generous sharing his immense knowledge, and patient when I asked stupid questions. Godspeed Mr. Russell.

An institution! I’ve only been on here a couple of years now and he was a massive presence on the site. His loss will be hugely felt around here and indeed the wider 650 community.

My thoughts are with his family and friends and those who knew him.

A very sad day for the forum.

Dear folks,

This is Ann, Dick's wife. I hope he's in a position to see all the wonderful comments and pictures because I know he'd enjoy them immensely. He had a really good time here, for which I thank you. He also had a blast shipping stuff out these past few weeks, glad to see his treasures going to good homes.

An aged man is but a paltry thing,
A tattered coat upon a stick, unless
Soul clap its hands and sing, and louder sing
For every tatter in its mortal dress,

W.B. Yeats

Back