FedEx

kopcicle

antidisestablishmentarian
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just a series of unfortunate events.

Shipment was never delivered, until it was, twice.
After experiencing an undeliverable shipment notification 3 weeks after expected delivery I was accused of theft.
The original shipper sent another and it arrived the same day the lost and delayed package did.
I was again accused of theft.
I used another service to send one of the duplicate shipments back at my expense.
FedEx then demanded I show them both shipments to prove I wasn't a thief even though the shipper had acknowledged receipt of the returned duplicate.
I eventually had to show a FedEx representative the received shipment I had kept, at which point local law enforcement was told that was proof of the theft?! I was a little confused as I had never filed an insurance claim, the shipper had. The shipper had never investigated me as a "buy one get one free" scam . In fact I deal with this business to this day.
FedEx was doing due diligence to protect their customers from fraud and had started the investigation on their own.

Next...

Shipment was undeliverable. Address (that does not exist) reported that she had not lived there in at least two years.
In fact she had never lived there as the address does not exist.
FedEx took it upon themselves to pick an address out of thin air, one that she had not used in 13 years, and send the shipment to her estranged (deranged) soon to be ex husband. Good job FedEx. Send a package to her psychotic ex with our address on it?!
The refund was only some small consolation.

Next...

A piece of metal. A piece of metal, 6061 , 2 inch OD x 1" ID x.500 wall x 24" long.
Listed as destroyed in shipping and refund applied.
However the shipper was out the sale and the piece of metal and was never compensated.
He swears I scammed him and will never do business with me again.

Of the most recent unavoidable contact I've had with FedEx
Late (5)
Damaged (4)
Delivered to wrong address (3)
Delivered to neighbor (2)
Someone else's package delivered to me (3)
Package thrown at my feet, I went out to get a package from a driver who looked up and saw me approaching and threw the package at my feet and curiously, calmly, got on the truck and left.

It got to the point where I'd have them hold for pickup. After being told that the package was there for pickup three days in a row only to go there and hear "what package?" I gave up on that too.

I will not do business with anyone or any business that insists on using FedEx.

Finally I found the one thing she wanted for her birthday and of course , FedEx. It's late.

I am done.

I’ve had the same experiences with FedEx. A cross eyed drunk on horseback would be faster and more reliable. Packages out for delivery then “due to incliment weather attempt not made” meanwhile it’s 85 and sunny out. My deliveries to clearly the wrong house (luckily I have good neighbors). Damaged packages. Anytime I get fedex tracking I let out an exasperated sigh, knowing I’ll see a red “delayed” or “damaged, returned” notification. I try to avoid places that use fedex as well but sometimes you don’t know until it’s shipped

I now consistently warn online retailers that I will return , unopened, any and all packages sent via FedEx, AND make sure, usually by phone AND email that they understand. Still I get FedEx packages that I return.

I'm that kind of done.

I just went through this with bearings I NEEDED for a pressing project . Cutting off my nose despite my face some might say. I call it principal and voting with my wallet. I'll give the seller this much. They had previously agreed to send USPS and my order ended up in the wrong pile. They ate the shipping , here , back , and back here with an apology for the delay and a question. They recently received the above detailed rant. Since I already had it typed out and I'm in a particularly foul and cynical mood I decided to post here.

Wow. I would have gone (you should pardon the pun...) postal.

FedEx here is sloooooooowwww, but generally correct. I MUCH prefer UPS, and I abhor StupidPost no matter who's handing it off to the Post Office.

USPS is generally okay, but I pick up my mail at the Post Office, seeing as it's about 25 yards from my front door. Their online tracking is a joke.

Then there's DHL...:wtf::cussing:

Ive been buying bike parts from the Netherlands lately and unfortunately that vendor uses FedEx. Last two shipments were late, held in no man’s land with no explanation. Tried an on line chat and that was useless. They advised I should speak to a cs agent. Called and they knew my tracking number from the phone number I was calling from. They essentially said (automated recording) there’s no updated tracking information available and that’s the same information a customer service person would have. So they were telling me not to connect with a live person because they wouldn’t know anything. Very poor customer service. I’m surprised Tom Hanks worked for them and held them in such high regard. Lol.

I ordered a piece of double D shaft to make the steering column in my car December last year and still haven't seen it. As luck would have it I ended up not actually needing it thankfully. Every one I tell about it never showing up asks if I've called yet but I'm kind of curious whether they will eventually realize it's just sitting in a warehouse in Ohio and get it to me and just how long that will take.

I hesitate to comment here because for the most part I have had very good luck with FedEx, UPS, and even USPS!
Only time I came close to a problem it actually was a turn in my favor! I had ordered a inexpensive MP3 player to use to listen to tunes while mowing the lawn or running chainsaw cutting wood. Outfit that I ordered it from sent me an email saying the shipment got lost so they were sending a second one. A couple days later after getting the replacement unit the original one showed up. When I contacted the seller they said keep it as the return shipping was not worth the cost of the item so I got a two for one deal out of it!

Now that I commented I'm sure the next thing I order anywhere even if it is a block of hardened steel it will be late and be broken when it gets here!

I love FedEx. In my experience, so much of this depends on your local driver and/or local FedEx brick and mortar. Ours are great, things typically beat the shipping estimates. Only issue I've ever had with them was someone sending me a set of cases and not packing them well - they didn't make it right and just told me to file a FedEx claim. That didn't go anywhere because I had already opened the box.

I've shipped hundreds of boxes of beer all over the world with FedEx and only had one bottle break the whole time.

Oh, well. Sorry your experience with them sucked, @kopcicle. That Red Meat avatar really is awesome tho!

Back