Final re build.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
The time has come for the final rebuild. All the bits painted, motor in the frame and up on the bench for piecing everything together again. I'll polish the aluminium as I get to it. This time around I'll try Glisten clear coat and possibly some 2k clear on the aluminium. I'd prefer to use Cerakote because I like to do everything myself, as you all know, but, Cerakote is only available in kit form here, gun, plus other accessories and a tiny amount of Cerakote in three different colours - no good to me!
I'll be trying to get as much done as I can in the next couple of weeks because I'm back in hospital to get the previous hip replacement replaced (one big surgery), then I'll have to sit around doing nothing for a couple of months recuperating. After that I'll possibly get another couple of my useless fingers fused.
Once it's finished, I can saddle up and set off to cross the Simpson Desert. That's what cafe racers are for, right?

Attachments

• WIN_20220702_14_54_09_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220702_14_54_09_Pro.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 94
  • WIN_20220611_15_41_31_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220611_15_41_31_Pro.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 94
Looking very good.
I've come to have great expectations for your work.
You never disappoint.
Just be sure when you decide to ride off into the sunset of of Simpson that you have plenty of Drop Bear repellant...

Back