First bike = first build

Irydebikes

XSessively enthusiastic
Reaction score
So, I have never owned a motorcycle before, but I got the bug this past summer. I saw a ratty little bike buzzing around Madison and ended up moving into the neighborhood the guy lives in. I saw the bike sitting by his garage and thought it looked cool. Pretty simple bobber, rigid struts etc... I mentioned it at work and got steered towards this (and a few other) sites.
I put a WTB ad up on Craigslist and got a response from gggGary, who I set up a visit with. 2 weeks later, I came home with this.
full

I've spent the last couple months, buying, learning, cutting and welding (for the first time in 18 years). I have to give a huge thanks to all the members of this group for input and assistance, especially gggGary, and Motrhedd, as well as Tyler and the guys @ TC Bros. I got the motor back in this past weekend and as of now she looks like this!
full

Still need to run the wiring, and get the controls bolted up, but should be up and running WELL before the snow melts here.

Sorry the pics are so small, I have an album roughly following the steps I have gone through so far. Big, huge thanks to my buddy JV, and his family who have let me take over his garage for a couple months! We are in the process of getting his build going now with plans on riding out to the Smokeout East in June. Again, thanks to all who have answered my questions and helped feed my addiction!

Back