- Reaction score
- Wisconsin, United States
I just bought a project 72' xs650 off my brother that he decided he didn't want anymore this is my first bike and while it runs it doesn't do so for very long and i'm looking for some help. I'll try and be as thorough as I can:
- According to my brother the engine and transmission are solid and were rebuilt by the guy he bought it from.
- My brother got it running and then promptly let it sit in his garage for two years until I bought it.
- The main issue currently is that my left cylinder isn't firing, however the bike still starts on one cylinder. It has new plugs, boots, and spark plug wires, so is it safe to assume it's the ignition coil?
- It's been converted to kick only, this isn't a problem but i'm sure it's important to know
- There's gas in the oil, my brother claims that's probably just because all it did was sit for a long time. My other friend claims this is because I can only get gas if the petcocks are on reserve. I don't know enough to dispute either.
- The forks leak and I don't know if it's better to try and rebuild them or just buy new forks?